Holla!, in this article, I will be discussing more on the YouTube service and who created the service. Before then, what is the service all about?
Well, YouTube is an online video-sharing platform where users (called the YouTubers) are enabled to upload videos, view videos, rate it, share them, add to playlists and even report, and comment on videos on the platform. Not only that, but the platform also enables users of the platform to subscribe to other users.
Originally, this platform was formerly created for anybody to post any type of video that they wish to post on the platform. It was expected that users of the platform could make use of the site to upload videos, share videos, and even view contents with no restriction placed.
As it is now, the platform has since then grown and increased to be one of the most video distribution sites globally. On the platform, you can as well, watch videos posted by others and also upload their videos. One thing about this service is that those videos that have been posted on the platform may show up.
Or come up on the YouTube website and it can then be uploaded on various websites too. However, the files are being hosted on the YouTube server.
Some features of the Service
You might be wondering what features YouTube has. Well, these are some of the features that the online video sharing platform possesses:
- The services provide subscriber notifications.
- They provide updated creator academy.
- Also, they allow for better and convenient live streaming.
- Improved comments
- New types of cards
- Video management on the go
- Easier access to the subs feed.
- 360-degree videos
- New creator community
- A faster, more useful, and important creator studio app.
- 3D videos
- 2020 picture quality cut
- Content accessibility
- YouTube premium
- Content partnership
- YouTube TV and many more
This TV is an American streaming service that offers on-demand video, live TV, as well as cloud-based DVR from over 85 television networks. The service, YouTube TV is owned by YouTube, which is a subsidiary of Google, itself a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc.
YouTube TV is priced at $64.99 monthly for a membership that has close to 6 accounts. The membership includes CBS, NBC streams, your local ABC, FOX, the regional sports network, ESPN, and many more.
Does YouTube TV have a free trial and how long is it?
Yes, it does and the free trial lasts for a week, which is 7 days. Although, that is less the standard for live streaming TV free-trial periods. However, in a new promotion available through the 15th of January, new subscribers can now receive a free TV trial that will last for 14 days, which is 2 weeks.
Paying for the TV
Here is how you can pay for YouTube TV and also review your billing history as well as your payment method:
- Click on your profile picture.
- Then click on “Settings” and click on “Billing”.
- Now click on “Payment method or Update” to review, change, or include a new form of payment.
- Now view your order history, then pick any charge to view more details.
As the name implies, YouTube downloaders are sites that assist in downloading YouTube videos easily. It also enables you to save any video from the platform in any format of your choice. Below are the free YouTube downloaders that you can ever use. They include:
- 4K Video Downloader
- iTubeGo YouTube Downloader
- ClipGrab and many more!
How to download YouTube Videos (for Androids)
Via the YouTube app:
Here is how to download videos through the YouTube app:
- Launch your YouTube app and look for the video you wish to download.
- Now play the video and click on the share button.
- Choose “YouTube downloader” from the share menu.
- Next, pick a format to download in – mp4 for a video. Or you can pick an mp3 for an audio file.
- Lastly, click on download.
Via the YouTube downloader app or similar apps
Here is how to download videos through the YouTube downloader app or similar apps:
- Open the YouTube app.
- You can use the search bar to look for the video you wish to download, then click on it.
- Now choose the format you want. Whether mp4 for a video or mp3 for an audio file.
- Click on download and wait for a little while the app works. This could take some time.
- Now watch the video in the app or look for it in the relevant folder in your device.
How to download it on the iPhone and iPad
As MP4 files:
- Upgrade your iPad or iPhone to iOS 12.
- Next is to download the Shortcuts app. If you have used Workflows, it might be already there.
- Now open this page on either your iPad or iPhone and click on “Get Shortcut”.
- Click on the “Share” button in any app.
- Swipe left on the bottom row of icons until you reach the “More” button, then click on the “More” button. You will have to do this twice in the YouTube app.
- Now turn on the switch close to “Shortcuts”.
- Click “Share” while watching a YouTube video.
- Choose “Shortcuts”.
- Click on “Download YouTube”.
- Your file will now be downloaded.
- Click on Save to photo album.
- Your video is now saved to the Photos app.
- After sharing the movie file to another system, probably the one that recognizes files, you will now see it as an MP4!
Who created YouTube?
As the topic implies, well YouTube was created by the three former employees of PayPal in February, in the year 2005. The service was created by the three former employees of PayPal as I mentioned earlier. They include Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim.
However, Google now owns this site. As the company bought the site in November, in the year 2006 for a price of US$1.65 billion. So, therefore, YouTube now works as one of the subsidiaries of Google.
Chen and Karim studied at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, they studied computer science. while Hurley studied at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania, he studied design. The former headquarter of YouTube was over a pizzeria and Japanese restaurant located in San Mateo in California.
The service is registered
They registered the website, trademark, and domain for the site on the 14th of February, in the year 2015. With the main idea for it to be an online dating website. Users of the service will now be able to post videos of them by making themselves known and mentioning what they have interest in.
However, that idea didn’t work as planned and the founders made YouTube be a video sharing platform.
The platform started life being financed by investors and was placed in an impromptu office just in a garage. Jawed Karim posted the very first video on YouTube in April. Where he was shown attending a zoo with elephants in the background.
Also, in September, the video reached 1 million views for the first time, all thanks to a Nike advert featuring Christiano Ronaldinho, who is a footballer.
Google acquired YouTube
It didn’t take so much time for Google to notice the prospects on the platform. And in October, in the year 2006, Google gained YouTube for a price of $1.65 billion. During that time, the site only had about 65 employees. Adverts were displayed later in less than one year as a means of making money from the website.
In December, in the year 2012, a video on the platform reached one billion views for the first time. Ever since then, the site has increasingly grown and it is now the second most known website in the universe.