Today, in this article I will be showing you what a Yahoo Mail is about, how you can create an Account and Sign in to your account with no stress. Creating a Yahoo Mail Account and Signing in also is very easy if only you really understand the basic steps. Follow up in this article to create one and sign in to the account.
It was launched by an American company (Yahoo!, which is now a subsidiary of Verizon) on October 8, in the year 1997. The Yahoo Mail gives you four types of email plans, one for businesses and the other three for your own personal use.
It is a free web-based email service created by Yahoo and it also includes Yahoo Messenger. The Yahoo Messenger notifies you when a mail comes in or when you receive a mail and it also provides you with a voice chat.
How to create a Yahoo Mail Account
- Go to the Yahoo Sign up page
- Follow the onscreen instructions by inputting your first name and your last name, your preferred username, a password, your mobile number, date of birth, and your gender.
Tip: I will advise you to choose a very strong password that will be very difficult for others to guess but easy for you. However, if you feel you can’t remember your password, you can easily store your password in a password manager.
Also, your mobile number is what you will use in recovering your account. So, if you feel you can’t use your real phone number, you can as well get a backup phone number.
- Next is to click on “Continue”.
- Then click on either “Text me an Account Key” or “call me with a verification code” so as to verify your mobile number.
- A code will be sent to you. Input the code and click on “Verify”.
- You will receive a congratulatory message! Click on “Continue”.
- Lastly, you will be directed to the Yahoo homepage. In order for you to access the Yahoo Mail, click on “Mail” (you will find it in the top right corner of the page) or you visit “mail.yahoo.com”.
How do I Sign in?
- You should know that before you can access the Yahoo mail, you need to download the Yahoo Mail App. To download the Yahoo Mail App, go to Google Play Store and enter the “Yahoo Mail App” into the search bar then search.
- After that, click on install to download and install the app to your home screen.
- Now that the app is on your home screen, tap on it to open.
- Once you open the App, click on Sign in to your email account.
- Then you input your email address and your password in the space provided for it.
- Lastly, click on “Sign in”.
You can as well choose to sign in through the Yahoo official website.
Here’s how to sign in to the account using the official Website:
How to sign in to Yahoo Mail
- Visit the Yahoo Official Website “mail.yahoo.com”
- Now that you are there, click on Sign in and input your email address and password in the space provided.
- Then click on “Sign in”.
Tip: Signing in to your Yahoo account isn’t a must that you make use of your mobile device only. You can also sign in to your account on your Laptop or from your desktop computer.
If you are an Android user and you wish to download the App, visit the Google Play Store to download the app. However, if you are an iPhone user and you want to download the App, go to the Apple iOS App store to download the app.
Forgotten Yahoo Password?
The “forgot password” is an email recovery setting. This setting helps you recover your account back even if you have no idea what your password is or can’t sign in to your account. You can access these settings in the sign-in portal of the Yahoo email just by clicking on “Forgot Password”.