Have you ever being in a situation where you are on your laptop and need to send a WhatsApp message. With WhatsApp web, you don’t have to be worried.
I know only a few will be able to relate. Let me break it down in times where I am working on my laptop. I don’t like giving attention to my mobile phone because I might just get carried away. Hence what I do is link the WhatsApp on my phone to the WhatsApp web platform.
Simply put it is just a way of opening your WhatsApp on your computer. It requires no special apps but just a simple process using an Android phone or an iPhone (with a camera), laptop or desktop, active internet on both devices, WhatsApp on the phone.
Steps To Setup WhatsApp Web
Below is the simple procedure to set it up.
- Launch your web browser
- Go to web.whatsapp.com.
- Now on your mobile phone, launch your WhatsApp mobile app.
- Then go to Menu
- Locate and tap WhatsApp Web
- Align your phone’s rear camera over the appearing QR code on your PC screen.
- As soon as WhatsApp detect the QR code.
Give it a minute and a replica of your mobile WhatsApp will appear on the computer browser along with your chat history.
How to Log Out of WhatsApp Web
You might not need to log out if you log into a personal laptop however, it is best to log out anyway. Because it is good to be security conscious.
To log out of WhatsApp on desktop, Go to Menu then locate and click on Log out.
Also to log out on the mobile app, go to Menu then WhatsApp Web and tap Log out from all devices.
Note: What You Can on The WhatsApp on Desktop
It is important to note that your phone must always be connected to the internet to keep the WhatsApp on the browser working. As it doesn’t work independently but just a mirror of your mobile phones WhatsApp. As such WhatsApp on the web is inferior but comfortable to use. Aside from this, there are certain operations you cant do with the WhatsApp web.
What You Can Do
- Type with your keyboard.
- You can access the latest as well as old media files. Also, save them to your laptop.
- Start new and continue old conversation
- View contact info.
- Start new, chat in, and view group info.
- Share media file from your laptop to contacts.
- On the WhatsApp web, you can send emojis, GIFs, and stickers, as well as voice notes.
- View Status updates of contacts.
- Select and clear messages.
- You can reply, forward, star, or delete messages.
- Change your profile.
What You Can’t Do
- Send broadcast messages.
- Place and receive WhatsApp calls.
- Post WhatsApp Status updates.
- Share maps or your current location.
- Alter media download settings.
Whatsapp is the most preferred chatting app around having seen off a host of rivals off. In terms of security, there is also a guarantee with end-to-end encryption messages on both the mobile app and the WhatsApp Web.
The idea of introducing the WhatsApp on desktops is a win for the facebook owned app.