WhatsApp Business is an Android application that you can download free. It enables you to have a business platform on WhatsApp, communicate more proficient with your customers, and help you build your business. WhatsApp Business makes interacting with customers very easy by equipping tools to automate, sort and quickly respond to messages.
WhatsApp Business App Features
These are some of the features of Business App
Whatsapp Business App allows users to create a business profile with helpful information for your customers like your address, phone number, business description, email address, and website.
Smart Messaging Tools
Save time with the new Whatsapp messaging tools. The best messaging tools that come with the WhatsApp Business App is “Quick Replies”. This tool lets you save and reuse messages you consistently send so you can easily answer common questions in no time.
Another tool is “Automated Messages”. This enables businesses to set an away message when unable to answer so customers know when to expect a response. You can also create a greeting message to introduce your customers to your business.
The messaging statistics feature of the app allows businesses to be able to review simple metrics behind the messages being sent. You can access important metrics such as how many of your messages were successfully sent, how many were delivered and read etc.
Apart from using the App to send and receive messages from clients, you can also send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop or laptop making it more accessible for business especially those with the customer support team.
How To Download WhatsApp Business App
WhatsApp Business is available today and free to download on Google Play Store for Android users.
Steps On How To download it
- Locate and open the Google play store from your Andriod
- Type in WhatsApp Business on the search box
- Then After downloaded, install it on your system
Whatsapp Business Account
Whatsapp Business Account enables you to create an account with the app.
To create a WhatsApp Business API Account:
- Log in to Business Manager and click Business Settings in the top right corner.
- Below Accounts, click WhatsApp Accounts and click Add. If the WhatsApp Accounts option is not visible, the Business API may not be available to you yet.
- On the Create WhatsApp Account screen, input a name for your business below Account Name.
- In the Account Type field, there will be three options:
Select Your Account if you are creating a business account for yourself.
Select the Client’s Account if you are creating a business account on behalf of a business. You have to enter their Business Manager ID, which can be found in their Business Manager Settings.
Select Create New Account if your client does not have an account and you need to create one for them.
- Below Time Zone, select the local time zone for your ads to run.
- Below Local Currency, select the local currency of your business.
The currency you enter must match the currency you plan to pay the invoice in.
- Below Payment Method, select a method of payment for your ads. If you don’t have a current line of credit for payment, you can set up a WhatsApp Business API line of credit.
- Below People, search for people you want to add to the account or select from the list.
An Admin role can make any changes to the account.
A Developer role can only edit account settings.
- Click on the role you don’t like to assign to each person.
- Click Save Changes.
It is a nice move that WhatsApp is going global for small businesses. Over 85% of small businesses in India and Brazil say WhatsApp helps them both communicate with customers and grow their business. While early users of the app in Nigeria said they were impressed with the features of the app, many observed that the important features that small businesses need are still missing such as receiving payments.