The Facebook takeover of whats app was made evident with the WhatsApp status. The feature was an instant hit as it was different from the norms of text messages, and replies. It brought more fun to the app as users can upload visual contents to the app for other users to see.
This new WhatsApp status feature was later copied by a social rival such as Snapchat, and also by Facebook.
How to Setup WhatsApp Status
- Launch your WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap on the status tab.
- On My Status. Tap on the circle with a plus icon on the top right.
- Press the shutter button to take a photo.
- To make a video press and hold the video icon.
- You can select pictures from the camera roll and upload as WhatsApp status.
- To add a caption tap the add caption.
- Next tap the send icon at the bottom right.
- To view the WhatsApp status, tap on it to view.
- Press the menu button on the right side to see those who have viewed your the update
- Tap on the eye icon to view their names.
Whatsapp icon disappears after 24 hours.
Here is Another Method
- Launch WhatsApp.
- Go to the camera icon located on the top left.
- You can either take a photo or video or select from the camera roll.
- Add a caption if you wish to.
- Then Tap the green tick.
- Next, select my status in order to update your status.
- Next tap the Send icon at the bottom right.
- You can now go to the Status tab to see your status, as above.
Delete Whatsapp Status
How do I delete my WhatsApp Status?
That’s easy, you can delete and upload a new WhatsApp Status:
- Launch the app and tap on Status.
- Scroll to find the status.
- Tap on the eye icon on the status.
- This will reveal those who have seen your status.
- Then tap the trash icon
- Finally, tap Delete to confirm.
The WhatsApp status is a real trending feature on WhatsApp as users can use it to promote happenings on their stats. You can upload videos, pictures for business and personal purposes.