WhatsApp Group: Over the last few months, they have been newly added features that improve the group experience. Some of these features are really exciting. Obviously, groups have been an important part of the WhatsApp experience. It may be a group for family members, childhood friends or schoolmates.
One of these features that really interest me is the protection for people who are being added repeatedly to groups they’ve left. It is like why force me to stay. I left the group, then go on to add me again without my permission. Really cool right? Yeah, I thought so too.
Additionally, the ‘Only Admin’ feature which had been released in recent weeks. Admins may find this setting just perfect for them. Yeah, because only them and them alone are able to send messages to a group. Like me, I manage a lot of groups and sometimes, I just don’t want someone else sending some kind of messages that don’t relate to the purpose of the group or maybe ads. With that already said, let’s quickly look at some of the latest features released recently.
WhatsApp Group Latest Features Released
I am sure am not the only one feeling enthusiastic about these recent updates. Or am I? Definitely not. Without much adieu, let me walk you through some of these features that got me and might also get you laughing the ‘Villian laugh’. That laugh when you are sure you got everything under control.
- Group description: A short blurb found under group info that allows you to set the purpose, guidelines, or topics for the group. When a new person joins a group, the description will show up at the top of the chat. So that the new person quickly grasps the purpose of the group. Now without the need to ask questions.
- Admin controls: In group settings, there’s now a control that allows admins to restrict who can change the group’s subject, icon, and description. Yeah, this got me wowed too. Like you’re in charge of that world right?
- Group catch up: When you’ve been away from a group chat, quickly catch up on messages that mention or reply to you by tapping on a new @ button that appears at the bottom right corner of the chat.
- Participant search: Find anyone in a group by searching for participants on the group info page.
- Admins can now remove admin permissions of other group participants, and group creators can no longer be removed from the group they started.