Whatsapp dark mode is finally here! Whatsapp has finally launched its dark mode feature. And guess what? the dark mode is both for iPhone and Android users. For a very long time now, this has been the most requested feature for the Facebook-owned service. It’s so unclear why it took so long to arrive, mainly as Google and Apple released new mobile OS versions last year. And it, of course, came with a full dark theme.
This glorious dark mode is designed to reduce the rate at which you strain your eyes in a low light environment. That is, you can now message family and friends easily without having your retina burned. And it also prevents those moments when your phone lights up in the room.
So many rumors were heard in September 2018 that the Whatsapp dark mode was out. Since then, Apple, Google and other third party and others adopted a gloomier look of the dark mode.
This feature is mainly focused on readability. The dark mode was chosen to reduce eye stress. Also, the color and other design elements are used to make sure that the most relevant information stands out.
Note that, if you are using an iPhone, you can only get the dark mode if you run iOS 13 and if you are using an Android phone, you can set the dark mode theme if you are running Android 10. Although Android 9 pie and previous versions of the OS can as well enable the dark mode feature just for WhatsApp from its setting.
How do I enable dark mode on my device?
Since when the dark mode feature for WhatsApp came out, so many people find it hard to use it, both Android and iPhone users. And also they have been asking questions on how to enable the dark mode feature on their device. Well, you need not stress further because, on this platform, we will be showing you how you can easily enable the dark mode feature on your device, be it Android or iPhone. Check below to see how you can enable the feature.
How to enable WhatsApp dark mode on iPhone
What you should do is:
- Open your Whatsapp
- Then Go to setting>General>Accessibility>Display Accommodations>Invert Colors>Smart Inverts.
- After you must have done that, the dark theme will now be enabled across all the apps in the device.
- To fully enjoy the dark mode, change the wallpaper in the chat thread. To do this, go to WhatsApp Settings>Wallpaper>None.
How to enable WhatsApp dark mode on Android
All you have to do is :
- Open WhatsApp.
- Then go to Settings>Display>Select theme>Dark.
- As soon as the dark mode must have been turned on, then go to Settings>About phone.
- Now scroll down to “Build Number” and click on it seven times.
- A message will pop-up saying “Developers option is turned on”. Then click on “Override force-dark” so as to apply the dark theme to other apps.
- After you must have done that, the dark theme will now be enabled on WhatsApp. To enjoy the dark mode to its fullest, change the wallpaper in the chat threads. To do this, go to WhatsApp Settings>Wallpaper>None.
Note that the above step is only for smartphone users who have the latest Android Q beta version. But if your smartphone runs Android 9 and below, you need to feel bad because I will be showing you how you can enable the WhatsApp dark mode on your device, isn’t that overwhelming?. Well to enable the WhatsApp dark mode on Android 9 and below, all you have to do is:
- Update your WhatsApp to the latest versions.
- After you must have been done updating, Open your WhatsApp.
- Now, go to settings then click on chats.
- You will see theme options, click on it.
- After you must have clicked on it, go to the menu and select dark, then click ok.
- Now you have automatically set the dark theme on your smartphone running Android 9 and below.