iCloud Drive was founded in October 2011. It is a cloud storage and cloud computing service owned by apple. Inc and for apple users. icloud provides service that allows users store data at remote memory space.
iOS device are allocated back up space on the iCloud. It provide an alternative back up apart from itunes back ups on computers. Service users are also able to share photos, music, and games instantly by linking accounts via AirDrop wireless.
Creating an iCloud Log in on iPhone
An iCloud log in can be created with the following steps
- Launch the Settings app.
- Go to Sign in to your iPhone at the top of the screen
- Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it? tap either of them
- Then tap Create Apple ID.
- Enter birth date.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Select your current email address or get a new iCloud email address.
- Enter your email address.
- Create a password.
- Verify the password.
- Select a security question.
- Type in answer.
- Repeat two more times.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- You can either Merge or Don’t Merge to sync iCloud data from Safari, reminders, contacts and calendars.
- Tap OK to confirm Find My iPhone is turned on.
Using iCloud Drive for General Storage
iCloud was created to decentralize the storage of data on a single storage space. So after creating or activating a cloud space, you are surely to find the importance cloud storage plays.
iCloud drive doesn’t just sync files; it also syncs any folders you create. You can easily organize the files in the Mobile Documents folder by creating your own folders.
Below is a step by step guide to uploading file/folders to icloud
- Launch the Files app
- Touch Browse at the bottom of the screen.
- then tap on iCloud Drive in the Locations section.
- Go to the folder to open it.
- On the top right corner tap Select.
- Tap on the files you want to move.
- At the bottom of the screen.Go to move
- Tap a folder to choose a destination for the files.
- Then, Move in the top right corner of the screen.
If you need more than the 5 GB of free storage that iCloud provides, you can use the iCloud preference pane to purchase additional space.