You probably have spent hours on your iPhone before searching for this tip to set up your visual voicemail. Well, the iPhone can be tricky sometimes especially for new users. The visual voicemail functionality is relatively new to the iPhone. It is a feature that allows users to see voicemails without calling up a number first. You can also organize, and play your voicemails on the menu.
As stated earlier, it is a relatively new feature available on new iPhone such as the iPhone 8 and iPhone X. Ensure you are running on the most recent OS before the setup process.
Setting up Visual Voicemail on your iPhone
- Open the app at the bottom of your iPhone home screen. Locate and tap on the Voicemail icon in the right corner. Select it to open up your voicemail setup.
- On the next screen there is a button to Set up on the center of the screen, Tap it to continue.
- If you previously have an iPhone’s voicemail account signing in. You will get to see your old voicemails.
- If you do not have a visual voicemail account, then create a password and re-enter it. When finished, select Done.
- On doing the previous step, now the iPhone display a greeting screen. Skip to greeting, select Default and then Done to skip this step. To personalize your greeting, select Custom, then Record a greeting, and Play to repeat it back. Select done when you ate ok with the greeting.
- Your iPhone visual voicemail is set up. You can share voicemails with other iPhone users using the AirDrop or mail them to others.
If you are not satisfied with the services of Apple’s visual voicemail interface, the InstaVoice or YouMail probably the best replacement available.
Also, read iPhone Airdrop – How to instantly share files using Airdrop on iPhone