It is always scary when scientist say we are still scratching on the surface of AI and expert systems. Google lens app is programmed to identify over a billion items. The global tech giants have announced the product have done four times above the projections and further stating there is more to come. When Google starts a project they see it through. Evidently so since the product was just launched a year ago.
The google lens is optimized to read more product labels, Google has also honed its machine learning and AI to recognize more animals, including common pet breeds.
Additionally, Google Lens can be used to get information about places as well as definitions and translate words. Google Lens can now also identify people and geometric shapes. And it is also programmed to suggest it is not sure.
Google Lens originally presented as a part of Google Photos on iOS However, last week Google added the feature to its flagship the google lens app, and this implementation is better because all you need do is aim your phone’s camera at things in your environment in real time.
How to Use Google Lens app on iPhone
- If you don’t have it already, download the Google lens app [Direct Link] from the App Store,
- Next launch the app.
- Sign in to the google lens app using your Google login or create a new account.
- Tap the Lens icon to the left of the microphone in the Search bar.
- Next, Then Tap the blue button that says Turn on camera to use Lens.
- Tap OK in the permissions alert to allow Google to access your camera.
- Aim your device’s camera at an object that you’d like more information about and tap on the circle that appears. If the light is poor, you can activate your phone’s flash using the lightning bolt button to illuminate whatever is in the frame.
- To use Google Lens app on photos on your phone, go to picture icon at the top right of the camera view, Then tap ok in the permissions alert to allow Google to access your photo library, then choose the photo.
If you want to withdraw Google’s access to your camera and photos you can do so anytime by following these steps.
How to Disable Google Search App Permissions
- Launch the Settings app.
- Select Google from the list of third-party apps.
- Turn off Google’s access to your device’s camera by toggling off the Camera switch.
- Tap Photos.
- Tap Never.