Web browsers are constantly evolving with the ever-evolving Web trends One of the notable innovation is the chrome emulator. it is a test tool introduced in google chrome. It enables web developer test web view across screens of various sizes.
Because of the increasing traffic of mobile viewership of sites is no longer news or a strange trend. Mobile companies now enable their phones effectively to display complex web development designs. Similarly, web developers and web tech companies such as chrome are relentlessly bending to these changing trends.
Advantages of Responsive Web Design.
Before diving into the need for chrome emulator, below are some benefits of responsive design.
- Improved User Experience
Google Chrome emulator might not be available on an older version of chrome. Although chrome is updated automatically but to verify your Chrome is updated, follow these steps:
- Launch the Chrome browser.
- Next, Click on the three dots on the top left corner.
- On the appearing side menu, go to Help.
- Then proceed to about Google Chrome.
- On the next screen, chrome will automatically check for updates. If there is an available update, it will be done automatically. To complete the update, click the RELAUNCH option.
Alternatively, Enter chrome://chrome/ on the chrome address bar or visit https://www.google.com/chrome.
Chrome emulator is available on latest versions of the browser.
Access The Chrome Emulator in Chrome
The emulator can be accessed through the Developer Tools in the following steps.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Go to the website that you want to test.
- Then open the Chrome menu.
- Go to More Tools.
- Next, Developer Tools.
Google chrome emulator is on the toolbar. There will be able to assess mobile design views such as sizes, toggling menu, sections arrangement, and other features.
To use chrome emulator to view mobile design on a certain device, select it from the drop-down menu. User can view the landscape and Portrait orientations.