UNESCO Essay Contest 2022 for Young Leaders-Goi Peace Foundation: The Goi Peace Foundation and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO) are sponsoring an International Essay Contest for young Individuals all around the world.
About the UNESCO Essay Contest
It is an annual essay program that is organized in an effort to harness the energy, imagination, and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development.
In addition, the essay is to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
The Essay Theme: ” My Values”
There is no doubt that our values determine how we think and also act, and how they shape the society we live in. What values are dear to you? How best can you live your life in line with those values and in doing so, what kind of society do you really hope to create?
Details of UNESCO Essay Contest
UNESCO Essay Contest Application Deadline: 155th June 2022
Is it Offered Annually: Yes
Guidelines for UNESCO Essay Contest
UNESCO Essay Contest is wide open to be submitted by anyone, as long as the person is up to 25 years by June 15, 2022, in one of the age categories listed below:
Age criteria for children: Ages up to 14 years
For Youth: 15-25 years
- All applicants must ensure that All essays have a cover page indicating category(Children or Youth), the essay titles, name, address, phone number, e-mail, nationality, age of June 15, 2020, gender, school name, word count
- It is very important to note that any missing any of the above vital information will not be considered.
- All essays must be original and unpublished.
- Also ensure to enclose a list of participants’ names, ages, and the name and contact information of the submitting director or teacher.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer
- The essay must be written by just one person. Co-authors’ essays will not be accepted
- Any individual inquiries concerning contest results not be answered
Worth of UNESCO Essay Contest
Then Following UNESCO Essay Contest awards will be given to the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- The First Prize: Certificate: Certificate, the prize of 100,000 Yen(approx. US$900 as of March 2021) and gift…1 entrant
- The Second Prize: Certificate, the prize of 50,000 Yen(approx. US$450 as of March 2021)and gift….2entrants
- The third Prize: Certificate and gift….5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift…25 entrants
- Best School Award: School Incentive Award will be given if applicable
- Also, the different prize winners will be announced on this platform by October, Also certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December.
How to Submit Essay
Please note that the UNESCO Essay Contest entries must be submitted online.
All Applicants are required to visit the online registration page at https://goipeace-essaycontest.org/ to send their essay online and also ensure they follow the required steps. Furthermore, any entry submitted by postal mail or email will not be accepted. So for more details and inquiries, visit the program’s official Webpage for details at