Do you know Google location tracking is real and it still tracks you, even when you think you have opted out? Many users often turn off their ‘location history’ or ‘location services’. thinking that Google is no longer tracking them and it is not collecting any location data from our devices. Recently, We got a report from Associated Press that Google tracks our location.
The main reason is for providing personalized search results based on our location and advertising. Do you know that When you keep your location services on, Google will ping your phone from cell towers and Wi-Fi constantly? We found out Google is using GPS to see where we are. The Google Maps always keeps track of every step you take with your smartphone, even when you turn off location toggle.
Google also archived our activities on google timeline. Google still tracks our location based on the services we always use like weather, maps, search etc. This article is mainly to enlighten you on how to turn off Google’s location tracking. Kindly follow up with this article to know how to actually turn off Google’s tracking abilities for Google Maps on both your iOS and Android devices.
How to turn off Google location tracking on Android Device
- Open your phone menu and head to settings of your device.
- When you are on the settings section click on Google then tap Google Account.
- Now, click on the data & personalization tab, simply click on web & app Activity after clicking on the data& personalization key.
- Lastly, Toggle Web & App Activity off.
To turn off location history
- Head to the Data & personalization tab from the above guide.
- Here you need to click on location history and toggle the setting off for each phone/device connected to your Google account.
- Having done the above steps you have successfully accomplished your mission.
How to turn off Google location tracking on iOS device and window devices
- The first procedure is to Open Google in your browser and log into your google account.
- After that, Click on your profile picture and tap the Google account button.
- Tap the Personal info & privacy then click on my activity. You can then Click on activity controls
- Lastly, Toggle off web & app activity.
Note: You can also use the below guide to turn off Google’s location tracking on your iOS and Windows.
- Click HERE so that you can be taken directly to the activity controls page.
- Sign into your Google account to access the page and Toggle the web & app Activity setting off.