Sub-Saharan Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2023: The Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation 2023 is wide open to well ambitious and talented sub-Saharan African Engineers, the prize is applicable to all engineering fields. Meanwhile, engineers are strongly encouraged to all engineering fields.
African engineers are strongly encouraged to apply to demonstrate both innovative, engineering and entrepreneurship skills.
About Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation
This was established by the Royal Academy of Engineering, it is the largest and biggest prize that is dedicated to engineering innovation.
However, during the period of mentorship, finalists will be invited to present at an event held in Africa and a winner will be chosen to receive £25,000 along with those who fall in the category of runners up who will each be awarded and given £10,000
The Prize provides a unique benefits package for up to 16 shortlisted participants to assist accelerate their business including:
- The chance for finalists to present their innovation to a judging panel at the Africa prize showcase event
- Prize money of £25,000
- Also access to the Academy’s network of high profile engineers and business experts in the Uk and Africa.
- A seven-month tailored training program
- In addition, access to business and technical expertise and specific engineering mentoring.
Details of Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation
- The Application Deadline: 19th July 2022, 12 pm
- Number of Awardees: Not Specified
- Worth of Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation: Winners will be invited to present at an event held in Africa and a winner will be chosen to receive £25,000, also the runners-up will each be given £10,000
- The Duration of Program: 6 month period of training and mentoring
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
Requirements for Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation 2022
Below are the criteria for Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation:
- All eligible applicants must be groups or individuals of no more than three people
- Individual applicants must be a citizen of a country within sub-Saharan Africa and also live there.
- He or she is needed to have an engineering innovation and provide a letter of support from a university or research institution.
- The applicants must also have achieved the development of early stages of commercialising, an engineering innovation
- Also, the lead applicant from a team of two or three persons must be a citizen of a country within sub-Saharan Africa and currently reside there
- The application must be written in English
- He or she should be ambitious to take a leading role in creating a new business to commercialise this innovation.
How to Apply for Sub Saharan Africa for Engineering Innovation
All eligible applicants are needed to submit their various applications through application via the online grants system. It is very important to read the guidelines notes carefully before submitting an application
All you need to do is kindly visit the program’s official platform below for more details on how to go about the application https://www.raeng.org.uk/global/sustainable-development/africa-prize/apply