Sony now allows you to use the DualSense pad to play PS5. I trust you do not know that you can actually sling a PS4 or a PS5 to another room in your house. Streaming your games to a Windows PC or Mac.
Android device or iOS or an old PS4 with the PS Remote Play app of Sony. Until recently, you could remotely control your brand new PlayStation 5 only using the old DualShock 4 gamepad.
However, things are now changing, as Sony publicized that the new DualShock controller of the PS5 is being supported overall Apple platform that runs the latest operating system.
iPads, iPhones, Apple TVs operating 14.5, Macs running macOS Big Sur 11.3 as well as iPod touches.
After some quick test with the iPhone 12 mini and a current iPad Pro, it worked so fine.
Well, the good news is that if the only controller you have is a DualSense controller, it works fine too. Also, your amazing adaptive triggers for the ride come along.
Disadvantages of the Sony PS5 Remote Play
Here are some of the disadvantages:
- Anytime you try to switch devices to either your iPhone or back to your PS5, you will have to pair again your DualSense manually. That was true of the former pads too, however, we hope they fix the issue.
- It has got no tactual feedback. None at all. It feels soo creepy.
- As usual, the streaming quality will largely depend on your home wireless network. It is totally free though. You can give it a try.
- The built-in microphone, speaker, and headphone jack do not function well.
- The speaker is really a great loss. As games, some games just like Returnal make use of it in conjunction with tactual feedback to include some serious engagement.
Also, you will have to choose if these things conquer the reason for pairing a DualSense with an Apple device. As for me, I will leave my DualSense connected to the PS5.
There it can actually assist me in sensing out some things and make use of a DualShock 4 or 3rd party pad whenever I feel like streaming.
Also, it is more considerations for the dispute that we should be able to play games with a PS4 pad on our PS5.
This is actually the second time that Sony revealed that restrictions are completely unjustifiable.
the very first time was when Sony actually allowed us to control PS5 games using the PS4 controller over REmote Play to begin.
And now with the signal that the sensing abilities of the DualSense are voluntary when you stream games over a network.