Skype’s Meet Now: The outbreak of the coronavirus which resulted in total lockdown in all countries has now made social distancing a major and common thing in all countries. Because of this, so many companies have launched different kinds of video conferencing apps. Which has also led to the growth of several video conferencing apps.
As of recent, meetings, schools, office works and so many more now take place through the digital medium, online. Because of this, Microsoft updated its Meet Now feature, which is Skype. It included several new features in Skype’s Meet Now and also made it available across various platforms.
This update made is very important because it enables those who do not have a Skype account to join a call through or using a link. This link can be accessed at any time of the day and it does not expire.
Skype is a telecommunications application that allows users to communicate and interact with people online. Either through instant messaging, mobile chat, and online video calling. The app also allows you to share files with other people.
Skype Meet Now
Meet Now on Skype enables you to easily set up a participation or association space. Here, you can now invite your Skype contacts, as well as your friends and families. Interestingly, Skype does not only allow you to invite your Skype contact in a call.
It also gives you the opportunity to invite other people who are not on Skype or who do not have a Skype account. You can invite them by sending them a link. Once they click on the link, they can now join your call. It’s as simple as that!
Skype’s Meet Now feature is a free video call service that enables you to chat with your family and friends. It is also a great feature for those businesses searching for an alternative to Zoom in order to hold or organize meetings online.
Do you want to know how you can use Skype’s Meet Now feature? Then carefully and patiently follow the steps I listed below.
How to Access Skype’s Meet Now Feature
Here’s how to use the new Skype’s Meet Now feature:
- Go to your PC and open the Skype application.
- Once you open the Skype’s Meet Now feature on your PC, click on the “Meet Now” button.
- Now that you have clicked on the “Meet Now” button, you will see a link as well as a “Share invite” button.
- As soon as you click on the “Share invite” button, you will see a dialogue box where you can choose between four options. The options include Copy link, Skype contacts, Outlook Mail, and Gmail. Then you click on the option you wish to share the link to the call.
- The invitation will now be forwarded to the person. Once he or she receives the invitation, the person can now click on the link so as to join the call.
Tip: What’s so interesting about Skype Meet Now feature is that a person can join a call through a link even though he or she has no Skype account.