So you have a tight schedule and need to make different stops for various meetings. You can schedule uber in advance so that you dont have to start scheduling at placing an order immediately after the meeting.
Although, scheduling an Uber ride in advance means the request will be sent immediately. If you schedule a ride a week in advance, Uber drivers don’t see your request until right when you need the ride it still shows up as a normal request to nearby Uber drivers.
The Uber app on both iOS and Android has a Scheduled uber Rides feature that lets you book a trip between five minutes to 30 days in advance.
How to Schedule Uber in Advance
- Launch the Uber app on your mobile phone.
- Tap on the car-and-clock icon in the Where to box to input pickup time.
- Select the date and time you want the ride. Note: 15 minutes will be added to the scheduled time. So this 15-minute window is the period where Uber will continuously request for a ride if it immediately.
- Then tap Set Pickup Time to confirm.
- Now it’s time to set the destination, go to “Where to?” and entering in a place or address manually or you can also select from the predetermined location listed. Alternatively, find the destination on the map, and then using the pin to determine the location.
- When that’s finalized, tap the “Schedule UberX” button at the bottom.
On this screen, you can view the estimated cost and can also input the payment method intended. After your ride is scheduled, Uber will automatically request a ride for you starting at the time you specified.
You’ll be sent notification in both 24 hours and 30 minutes in advance of your pickup. You’ll also be notified of surge pricing and when a driver has been found for you.