Rufus is a free and open-source portable application for Microsoft Windows. It is used for formatting and creating bootable USB flash drives or Live USBs. The application is developed by Pete Batard of Akeo Consulting. Rufus was originally designed as a modern open source replacement for the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool for Windows.
It is a utility that helps to format and create bootable USB flash drives like memory sticks, USB keys or pen drives, etc. Users can use it for creating USB installation media from bootable ISOs on Windows, Linux, UEFI etc. You can use it to work on a system that does not have an OS installed on it. Users can use Rufus to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS.
Rufus is a standalone application and Its primary purpose is for creating DOS bootable USB flash drives. In this article, you will be given a guide on how to use Rufus. Kindly follow up to get a quick guide on how you can download Rufus for Windows 10, 8, XP, and Linux.
How to Download Rufus on Windows 10, 8, XP, and Linux
- Firstly, You have to Launch your Browser and visit the official platform.
- On the official site scroll down you will see the download key in a box.
- Click on the Download box and wait for it to install on your device.
- With the step, you can download the application on your Windows 10, 8, XP and Linux device with ease.
How to use Rufus USB Bootable
- Open your browser and visit the official website.
- Here you have to Scroll down to the “Downloads” section then choose the download the latest version of the app to your Windows-based computer option.
- Kindly Double-click on the Rufus application after download to launch the application.
- The next step is to insert the USB drive you want to use with Rufus into an open USB port on your PC.
- Now you have to Transfer any personal files stored on the USB drive to your PC.
- Choose your USB drive from the Device drop-down menu.
- The next step is to Place a checkmark next to “Create a bootable disk,” after that choose the “ISO Image” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap the drive image logo displayed on “ISO Image,” then choose the .iso file you intend to use.
- Here you have to tap the ”Start” button then click on the “OK” button to confirm that you want to erase and format the USB drive.
- Lastly, Click on the “Close” key when it finishes preparing your USB drive.