How to reset a Microsoft Window Phone
Are you a Microsoft Window Phone user? and you are having difficulties in resetting your phone. This article will enlighten you more on how to reset your phone using different methods.
All you have to do is just to follow the guide below. Basically, there are two method users can use to reset their phone. You can reset your phone using the hard and the soft reset.
The soft reset is also one of the methods used in resetting Microsoft Window phone. In this type of reset, the user doesn’t go through a long process. This reset is the same process as removing the battery from your phone. The soft reset doesn’t remove or disrupt any settings of the phone. Also, the method is very safe for users in any situation.
How to perform the soft reset
- The first step is to make sure the phone you intend to reset is on and check the battery.
- After that press and hold the volume down and power button.
- Make sure you don’t release the button until your phone vibrates and automatically restart.
- You have reset your device automatically with the above step. It is very easy and fast.
You can soft reset your phone when the following problem occurs :
- When the camera of the phone doesn’t start.
- A situation whereby the device starts using much battery.
- When an app that always functions doesn’t function anymore.
- When the device starts functioning somehow oddly
Using this method is just like wiping your phone because you will lose many of your files. But you will get this app when you are done with your device resetting. Although you can reset your device by just turning on your device and going to the phone setting. But if you are having issues with that you can count n your hardware buttons. Just follow the procedures below.
- Firstly, you have to press and hold the volume down and Power buttons on your device at the same time. Do not release until you feel a vibration.
- The next thing to do after feeling the vibration is to release the buttons. Then press and hold the volume down button immediately until you see an exclamation mark.
Lastly, Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following buttons according to the written way: volume up, volume down, Power and volume down. Having got this done your phone will now reset and restart itself.
How to hard reset Windows Phone Lumia 520
- Firstly switch off the device then press and hold the power button for some time.
- Release the phone once it vibrates immediately hold the volume down button.
- You will get an exclamation symbol on the screen once you get it, release the volume down button.
- After that, the next step is to follow this button in their sequence: Volume Up, Volume Down, Power and Volume Down.
Watch Video on How to Reset your Windows Phone
How to reset Microsoft account password
- Open the setting of your device and go to the Reset your password page.
- Select the reason you need your password reset, then click Next button.
- Next step is to enter the Microsoft account email address you’re trying to get.
- Enter the characters you see on the screen of your phone, then click on the Next button.
- Note that if you have security info on your account. You will get a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you provided while registering.
- After that enter the code on the next page, with this you will be able to make a new password.
For other Microsoft OS devices, Click HERE.