Forgetting your facebook password is totally normal, it happens to the best of us sometimes. Reset Facebook password is available to scale the embarrassment.
Ways To Reset Facebook Password.
Due to the occurrence of instances like this, Facebook has a lot of ways you can reset your password so that you do not get locked out forever.
Reset Facebook Password by Using Default Email
When creating a facebook account you will be asked to enter basic information including an existing email or phone number. That number or email is very vital in to reset facebook password. The following simple steps should lead you to do just that.
This method will teach you how to recover your password via your default email. However, if you have not set up an email for recovery, this method might not work.
- Launch your internet browser on your laptop or mobile device.
- Go to the Facebook URL facebook.com
- Locate and click on “Forgot Password” (under the login field). However, if you have logged and failed multiple times you will see the “Forgot Password”.
- On the next page, you will see the password retrieval options. The first option is to use the default password of your current email ID.
- Enter your email and password. A pop-up message prompting you to continue and ask you for permission. Simply click continue to go on with the process and then follow the onscreen directions.
Note that you must be logged in with your current Yahoo account in order to finish this step. Now, you can use the same password as your Yahoo account to login to the Facebook account.
Change Facebook Password Using Recovery Email
To reset Facebook password and set up a new one, use the following steps. The procedure is quite similar to the one above the same with a few tweaks.
- Follow the first three steps from the above method
- Then on the password retrieval pop up, choose the options “Email me a link to reset my password” and then click to continue.
- A six-digit code will be sent to you for the Recovery process. Enter the code in the following page.
- Enter the code and click on “Change Password”.
- After that, enter a password of choice and confirm the changes.
That’s all. You may now log in to you Facebook using the new password. This method is mostly used if your facebook account is hacked. You can use this method to get a new password for your Facebook account.
Reset Facebook Account Password Using Phone Number
If you have previously linked your phone number with your Facebook account. Then to reset facebook password is straight forward all you need do is choose the option to recovery password “Get a code from my smartphone” and click to continue with the process as usual.
The only difference is that in this case, a security code will be sent to your phone number. After that, it is same process as the previous method above and you will have a new password for your Facebook account.