In today’s article, we would be showing you how you can protect your Facebook Account From Being Hacked With two-factor Authentication. Of course, by using the two-factor Authentication. But before we dive into that, what is a two-factor Authentication? Two-Factor Authentication is a plus layer of security that is used to ensure that people trying to gain access to an online account are who they claim to be. Fine, a user can enter his or her username/email/phone number and password thinking he or she will gain access immediately.
But will still be asked to provide another piece of information, which is the work of two-step authentication. The two-factor authentication adds a basic step to your log-in procedure. Without it, you will just log in using your username and password. Your single factor of authentication is your password while your second factor of authentication is additional security. Two factor-authentication was created to reduce fraud risk as well as making it more difficult for cybercriminals to breach accounts.
What is two-factor authentication on the iPhone?
It is an additional layer of security for your Apple ID that was designed to make sure you are the only one that can have access to your account even if others know your password.
How do I protect my Facebook account from being hacked with two-factor authentication?
Like I said earlier, Protect your Facebook Account with two-factor authentication adds an additional layer of security to your account and makes it less accessible to hackers. Below are the simple steps you should follow in other to activate two-factor authentication on your Facebook account:
- To Protect your Facebook Account, Firstly Open Facebook and login to your Facebook account.
- After you must have done that, go to the menu and click on ‘Settings & Privacy’.
- Now click on ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Security and Login’.
- Scroll down a little to see ‘Two-Factor Authentication’.
- Click on it and select your security method (either using the ‘Authentication App’ or ‘Text message’ option).
There are two ways you in which you can activate Two-Factor Authentication on your Facebook account. You can do so using the ‘Authentication App’ or ‘Text message’ option.
Using Authentication App
- Protect your Facebook Account by using the authentication app. If you don’t have any authentication app, you can install one. Be it Duo mobile or Google Authenticator.
- After you must have done that, scan the QR code displayed on your screen. You can as well input the code that was displayed into your authentication app.
- A new code will be received on your app. If you are being asked of the code, enter it.
- Your two-factor authentication is now activated.
Using the ‘Text message’ option
However, you can use the ‘text message’ option, Protect your Facebook Account, you must have a registered mobile number. Because a six-digit code will be received on your mobile number unlike the ‘authentication app’ that doesn’t require your mobile number.
If you are using the ‘Text message’ option, all you have to do is:
- After you must have chosen the ‘Text message’ option, a six-digit code will be sent to your mobile number(note, it must be registered). And you will be asked to enter the code for verification.
- Once you have entered the code, you will receive a message that your two-factor authentication is on.