Pinterest, Inc. is a social media web and mobile application company that operates a software system designed to discover information on the World Wide Web, mainly using images and, on a smaller scale, GIFs and videos. www.pinterest.com was founded by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra and Evan Sharp. Pinterest has reached 250 million monthly active users as of October 2018
In this article we are going to learn how to sign up on Pinterest, one of the most popular social medias. People use Pinterest to discover and save ideas. Ideas can take lots of forms, from recipes to renovation projects to the perfect pair of shoes. Every idea is represented by a “Pin” that includes an image, a description and a link back to the image’s source online.
Development of Pinterest began in December 2009, and the site launched in March 2010. Pinterest allows users to save images and categorize them on different boards. They can follow other users’ boards if they have similar tastes.
Pinterest Login and Sign up
The break down below will guide you through on how to Login and sign up on the platform.
- Make sure you have a working internet connection, either phone or wifi
- visit your playstore, either for android or ios or windows.
- search and download the ‘pinterest’ app.
- Type in your email address. This should be a working email address to which you have the credentials.
- Tap Next. It’s at the bottom of the page.
- Type in a password. Make sure it’s different than the password you use for your email account.
- Tap Next.
- Type in your name. You’ll need to enter your first and last name.
- Tap Next.
- Type in your age. You don’t need to type in your birth date.
- Tap Next.
- Tap a gender. If you tap the Custom option, you’ll need to enter your preferred gender affiliation when prompted.
- Tap Done.
- Tap at least five topics. The topics you select on this page will dictate the content you see in your feed later.
- Tap Next. It’s in the top-right corner of the screen. Pinterest will begin building your profile based on your selected interests. You’re now good to go.
- Go to the Pinterest website. It’s located at https://www.pinterest.com.
- Enter your email address and a preferred password. You’ll do this in the “Email” and “Create a password” fields in the middle of the page. You can also click Continue as [Name] to use your Facebook information to sign up if you like.
- Click Continue. It’s a red button below the “Create a password” field.
- Enter your profile information. This will filling out the following fields: Age – Type in your current age (not your birth date) Gender – Click the button next to “Male”, “Female”, or “Custom”. If you select a custom gender, you’ll be asked to enter your preferred gender name Full name – Enter your first and last name here
- Click Sign up. This red button is at the bottom of the “Welcome to Pinterest” page. Doing so will create your account.
- Click Skip for now. It’s on the left side of the mobile app page.
- Click at least five topics. The topics you select on this page will dictate the content you see in your feed later.
- Click Done. The system will begin building your profile based on your selected interests. You’re now good to go.
Pinterest App Download For iOS and Android
The App makes it very easy for users to access the platform. It is compatible on Android, iOS (iPhone) and windows and can be easily downloaded to any of this devices.
You can download the App by navigating to your mobile device App Store and search for Pinterest. Once found among the list, click on install and you are good to go.