Those Nokia fans who are observant we notice that Nokia 9.2 PureView was the last smartphone of this series and it was released February 2019. It is expected logically that the next phone in that series should be Nokia 9.1 base on the naming series.
However, sources like NotebookCheck reported that the intended Nokia 9.1 was ditched when Nokia left the former collaborators Light ( a camera producer).
This article gathers the information you need to know about the know Nokia 9.2 device, including its design speculation, its specification, and the expected date to be released.
Nokia 9.2 PureView – Processor
According to information gathered from sources so far, the Nokia PureView will come with the Snapdragon 865 processor, Qualcomm’s present top-tier chipset.
Due to the high-performance potential of the Nokia 9.2 Pureview its claims that the news is promising, although it’s not surprising for a phone of such afterward.
Where is becomes unique and significant is that the device will run on 5G connectivity, as the Snapdragon 865 runs in line with an X55 modem making it the second Nokia brand with a 5G-compatible phone, after the launch of the Nokia 8.3 5G.
Nokia 9.2 PureView Camera
The arrangement of Nokia 9 PureView made it unique especially the camera, it has five 12-megapixel lenses also with a Time-of-Flight sensor displayed in a trypophobia-triggering style.
Meanwhile, the selfie camera was claimed for an upgrade by NokiaMob to a resolution of 32 or 48MP.
Nokia 9.2 PureView leaked Specs & features:
- Having an aluminum frame and glass body, with a full display with minimum bezels.
- OS – Android 10
- RAM – 6GB/8GB LPPDDR4X
- CPU – Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Mobile Platform
- Size and type – PureDisplay 6.29” QHD+ pOLED
- Resolution – 2K HD
- Material – Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Cable type – USB-C
- Sensors – In-screen fingerprint sensor, ALS/PS, G-sensor, E-compass, Gyro, Hall sensor, Barometer, Haptic vibrator
NETWORK AND CONNECTIVITY
- Network speed – 5G, 4G LTE Cat 16 4×4 MIMO
- WiFi – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS/AGPS+GLONASS+BDS, NFC, ANT+
- Internal memory – 128/256GB2
- Connector – USB-C
- Speakers – Single speaker with smart amp
- Microphones – 3 x mics with spatial recording
- Other – Qualcomm aptX
- Rear cameras Multi-Lens camera module with Zeiss optics
- Front-facing camera 32 MP or 48MP, display flash
- BATTERY LIFE
- Battery type – Integrated 4500 mAh5
- Charging – Qi Wireless charging
With the fact that there have been lots of uncertainty affecting the release date, it is not surprising that an official price has not been released yet.
However, the positive news we received from the Authority of Android, claims that Nokia is targeting a price of about €600 (~£508) rather than the costly price of £1000, which many flagships have already been sold at or more than.
But that price will make it very much affordable than its former model Nokia Pureview 9, which was sold at £549 when it was released.
We have gotten a few tip-offs from our sources that you may wait longer than expected to get to see the Nokia 9.2.
However, NokiaMob was expecting the release of the phone after June 2020. Meanwhile, Nokia Anew twitter account claims the date has been postponed because they need to make an upgrade to the processor.
Being hopeful, we are keeping our fingers crossed for the device to be launched at MWC 2020. But we lost hope due to the cancellation of the event because of the coronavirus.