To link Gmail accounts is now becoming a popular trend because a lot of users now have multiple accounts as Gmail is one of the most reliable accounts with over with an incredible one billion active monthly users. Other products of Google are google map, translate, Gboards and much more.
The trick is that google connects various platforms such as YouTube, google drive, translate etc with one gmail login and sign. Furthermore, they offer free accounts to subscribers so why not have more than one.
Users generally have more than one mail account for various reasons. Noticed by google in recent time, gmail has a way to link several accounts for the following reason.
- Single login details.
- Easier switching between google account.
- Easier administration.
- One inbox.
How to Link Gmail Accounts
In this guide, you can learn how to combine gmail accounts in one. First lets define terms Secondary email account- the less used email.
Primary email account- the email where all messages will be received.
- Log into the secondary gmail account.
- Go to settings on the top right corner and click on the gear icon.
- click on settings.
- Navigate to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Enter the Forwarding settings.
- Add forwarding address.
- Click proceed to confirm.
Gmail will send a forward verification to the email you are forwarding to hence will request for it with a pop up.
- On the top right corner click the user icon.
- got to add account and log in your primary account.
- Open the verification email sent to the primary email address.
- Move to the secondary email and input the confirmation code in the Forwarding and POP/IMAP or click the confirmation link in the email.