LG Velvet Review, Release Date, and Specification. LG is a well know brand for making good and quality devices and gadgets. In making mobile phones LG also stands out, although it’s not a Samsung or Google, both of which make flagship devices. To get a good ground out there so as to compete with other heavyweights companies, LG had to ditch their G series phone and to start a better and fresh new Velvet series. AG is also having nice innovation with an amazing design for their coming flagship.
However, these are the things we know about the LG Velvet.
LG’s coming smartphone will not be having an alphanumeric name, instead, the coming device will be called “LG Velvet”.
However, LG has had eight generations of G phone series and now wants to do something unique and new. Creating something new and cool needs to have a change of name too. The Company described this thinking in April, to be a “new branding strategy”.
LG Velvet Design
LG uploaded a teaser video to their fans in April, the video shows off the Velvet phone. The video shows that the phone will come in different colors like black, green, white, and a red/purple color changing option that they tagged illusion Sunset.
It was confirmed that the phone will be coming with a headphone jack. The Velvet device has a slight curve on its edges at the front of the phone and also have a minimal bezel. LG name the new curve edges design at the front and back as “3D Arc Design”.
LG Velvet Camera
From the teased LG Video, showing the Velvet design, it was seen from sketches showing the rear camera setup in the form of a raindrop. The phone comes with three sensors and an LED flash light all camera and light fall in descending order by size.
LG Velvet – Specifications
- Network Technologies – GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G
- 3G Technology – HSDPA 800/850/900/1700(AWS)/1900/2100
- 4G Technology – LTE band 1 (2100), 2 (1900),3 (1800), 4 (1700/2100), 5 (850), 7 (2600), 8 (900), 12 (700), 17 (700), 18 (800), 19 (800), 26 (850), 20 (800), 25 (1900), 28 (700), 34 (2000), 38 (2600), 39 (1900), 40 (2300), 41 (2500)
- 5G Technology – 5G SA / NSA
- Speed – HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
LG Velvet Launch Date
- Announced – 25 March. 2020
- Market Availability – Coming Soon. April 2020
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Materials – Metal frame, front, and back, Gorilla Glass V5
- Colors – Black, green, white, and a red/purple
LG Velvet Display
- Type – OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16 Million colors
- size – 6.5 inch
- Screen Resolution – 1080 x 2400 Pixel – ratio 20: 9 (~ 409 Pixels per inch)
- Screen protection – Corning Gorilla
- Operating System – Android 10.0
- Chipset – Snapdragon 865
- CPU Speed – Octa-core
- External memory – 64 GB
- RAM – 4 GB Ram
- Rear camera Dual 48 MP, 5 MP
- Camera Features – HDR
- Video – 1080 Pixel 30 fps
- Selfie camera – 8 MP
- Video – 1080 Pixel 30 fps
- Battery – 3500 mAh, Li-polymer, non-removable
- Fast battery charging – Fast charging
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- 3.5mm jack – Yes
- Wi-Fi Technology – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth – 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS – Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Radio – No
- Charging port – 2.02.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector 1.0 Can be reversed, USB during movement
- Sensors – Footprint, acceleration, gyro, proximity, compass
- Additional features – IP68, dust/water resistant 1.5 up to 1.5m for 30 mins
- Price in Egypt – LG V. price in Egypt 5,500 Egyptian Pound
- In Saudi Arabia – The price of LG V. in Saudi Arabia 1,300 SR
- Price in the UAE – 1,285AED
- Mobile price in India – 26,588 Indian Rupee
- Price in Iraq – 415,653 Iraqi Dinar
- Mobile price in dollars – LG Velvet price in dollars 350 USD
- Mobile name – LG Velvet