Internet Download Manager (IDM) is an application to schedule, resume and increase download speeds 5 times faster.
Internet Download Manager
This application is a shareware download manager. It can only work on the Microsoft Windows operating system. IDM has resume capabilities and a powerful comprehensive error recovery to restore the interrupted downloads due to power outages, lost connections, and network issues. It has an intuitive interface that is user-friendly. This increases the demand for it more than other download managers in the market.
Internet Download Manager supports a broad range of proxy servers such as FTP and HTTP protocols, MP3 audio, Firewall, MPEG video processing and redirected cookies. It cooperates with AOL, Avant Browser, Mozilla, Mozilla Firebird, Mozilla Firefox, MSN Explorer, MyIE2, Netscape, Opera and other well-known browsers to manage your download.
Internet Download Manager Review
The simple user interface makes IDM user-friendly and very easy to use. This application has a smart download logic accelerator that features smart dynamic file sections and secures multipart downloading tech to speed up downloads.
Unlike other download managers, Internet Download Manager separates downloaded files dynamically during download process. It also uses available internet connections without additional connecting and login stages to achieve best speedy performance.
Internet Download Manager gives users tools to download different types of files from the Internet. The downloaded files can also be categorized based on the user’s choice. Users can group each file as they download it, and then access all downloads right from the app’s main interface.
Features of Internet Download Manager
The following are the features of the Internet Download Manager:
- Multiple queues
- Batch downloads
- Export/Import download jobs
- Dynamic grouping throughout downloads
- Video downloads from streaming video sites
- Manual/automatic updates of download address
- Downloads history list for easy access to directories
- Protocols: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, Microsoft ISA, and MMS
- It groups downloads into several streams for faster downloads
- Confirmation protocols: Basic, Kerberos, Negotiate, NTLM, and allows for automatic confirmation and storage of passwords and usernames.
- Internet Download Manager is available on the following web browsers: Apple Safari, Flock, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape Navigator, Opera and many others.
Features Of The New Internet Download Manager Version 6.28
The following are the added features of the new version 6.28 of IDM:
- Added Windows 10 compatibility.
- Improved FLV grabber to save videos from web players on various web pages, MySpace TV, Google Video and other well-known sites.
- Fixed compatibility problems with different browsers including all Mozilla Firefox versions up to Mozilla Firefox Aurora, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11.
Internet Download Manager Profile
Name: Internet Download Manager (IDM)
Written in: C++
Type: Download Manager
Developer(s): Tonec Inc.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows
Stable release: Version 6.28 Build 17 / 5 August 2017
For more information or to download the application, visit IDM’s website at internetdownloadmanager.com