Facebook has finally launched its Avatar feature in India after it launched it in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, U.S, and some other countries. Not only did it launch the feature in India, but it also included some special options. Like Turbans, Sarees, Kurtas, Bindis, and lots more.
Indian Facebook Avatar
The Facebook Avatar is a feature on Facebook that enables you to create a cartoon-like character of yourself or an Avatar of yourself.
As soon as you create your Avatar, you can use them on comment sections, like messages, like stickers, and even as your profile. Not only that, but you can also use your Avatars on other social media platforms.
To know more about the Facebook Avatar, keep reading, and keep following. Because in this article, I will be giving you detailed information about Facebook Avatar. And all you need to know about the Facebook Avatar.
Facebook also mentioned. He said that the Avatar feature will give users the opportunity to “share a range of emotions and expressions in a fun and a personalized way”. This came in when the majority of interactions took place in a digital environment online.
The Facebook Avatar feature that was recently launched in India came with some special options. They include different kinds of faces, different hairstyles, as well as beautifully customized outfits for the Indian users.
Facebook also mentioned that the Avatar feature when created can e shared on Whatsapp and the feature is available on both iOS and Android devices.
Facebook Avatar App
Note, that the Facebook Avatar is not an app, it is only a feature in the Facebook Mobile App. Facebook really made it easy by including the feature into its mobile app instead of going to download an app to create your own Avatar. However, there is still another Avatar creating apps you can use to create your Avatar. They include:
Avatar Creating Apps
- Snapchat’s Bitmoji.
- Memoji by Apple.
- Samsung’s AR Emoji and so many others.
Facebook Avatar Creator
To create any Avatars on FB, you must be a FB user and have a Facebook account. However, if you do not have an account on Facebook, you will have to download the FB Mobile App.
If you are an Android user, go to the Google Play Store, enter “Facebook” into the search bar, then search and download. But if you are an iPhone user, go to the App Store, type “Facebook” into the search bar, search for it and download it to your home screen.
How to Create an Avatar on Facebook
- Log in to your Facebook account. If you do not have an account on Facebook, create one.
- Tap the “Menu” icon, then scroll down a little to click on “See More”.
- Choose the “Avatars” option and tap “Next”.
- Now, click on “Get Started” to start creating your Avatar.
- Start by selecting your preferred skin tone.
- After that, you choose the hairstyle of your choice, face shape, nose shape, eye shape, body shape, outfit, and so on.
Well, FB added some interesting features when he launched the Avatars in India. Which includes: Sarees, Turbans, Kurtas, Bindis, and also a lungi option. So, while customizing your Avatar you can choose to include them to give you that Indian look!
- Once you create your Avatar, find the “checkmark” icon and click on it.
Then you click on “Next” and tap “Done” to save your Avatar.
Why is the Facebook Avatars feature not showing?
- Before you create an Avatars, make sure your FB Mobile app is updated. If it is not updated, that is one of the reasons why you can not find the feature.
- Another reason is that the feature is not yet out in your country.
How to access Facebook Avatar
Using the FB avatars is simple, just follow the steps I will be showing you below. Here, I will be showing you how you can use your customized Avatar on Messenger, as your profile photo, as comments, as stickers, and as a post.
How to use FB Avatars in Messenger:
- Right on the Avatars page, tap the button located at the upper right corner.
- You will see various kinds of stickers displayed on your screen.
- Choose any one of your choices and send your Avatar.
How to use Facebook Avatar as your Profile Photo
Aside from sharing and sending your Avatar to your friends, you can as well use them as your profile picture. To use your Avatar as your profile picture, follow the steps below:
- Locate the upper right corner of your Facebook and tap on the three horizontal lines.
- Scroll down a bit and tap “See More”, then you select “Avatars“.
- Click on “Set as a Temporary Profile Picture”.
- Next, choose a pose and also pick a background color and click on “Next”.
- Then, select “Save” and share it.
How to use Facebook Avatar as comments:
- Go to any comment section on your Facebook Mobile app.
- Then search and click on the “Smiley” icon.
- The Avatar option is displayed.
- Now, click on your preferred Avatar and send it.
How to use Facebook Avatar as Stickers:
- Click on “share as stickers”
- Then tap the sticker you want to share and share the sticker.
How to use Facebook Avatar as Posts:
- Click on the option that says: “Share your Avatar to your Feed”.
- After that, click on “Share” to share your Avatar.