IELTS is one of the language exams required for admission to universities abroad. IELTS is one of the most popular exams among international students. It is available in two formats which are IELTS Academic and IELTS General.
In this article, we are going to be covering everything you need to know regarding IELTS registration.
Students are required to take the IELTS Academic test, while all other applicants who need it for the purpose of VISA to study abroad, take the General IELTS test.
So the question now is what are the pre-requisites for an IELTS registration? We would be going through this step by step.
Step 1: Checking your IELTS Eligibility
IELTS exam has no restrictions, so therefore its open to all candidates and there are no specific eligibility criteria.
Institutions on the other hand may have their own eligibility criterion buy IELTS doesn’t. What is the registration process?
Step 2: IELTS Registration
IELTS is available up to 4 times in a month depending on your locality. So candidates can choose between any of these dates as per their convenience. Candidates can also take the exam multiple times if not successful. There is no limit to how many times you can sit for the IELTS exam.
Step required to register is as follows:
- Visit the official IELTS website
- Go to register for test option
- Select your preferred test, test type and available test date in your local city
- Download the form
- Fill in your registration details
- Upload copies of your passport
- Select the Colleges you want to send your Score Report
- Review your form details before making payments
- Pay the test fees
Bonus steps include:
Step 3: Booking an IELTS Exam Slot
For a candidate to book for an IELTS exam, the candidate needs a valid passport and a debit/credit card to pay for the registration fee.
Very important tips to note while registering for an IELTS exam:
- Candidate must be above the age of 16 years
- The information provided during registration must match with the information on the passport
- Candidate must carry their passport when going for the exam
- Candidate must also keep their debit/ credit card close by when registering for the IELTS exam
Carefully following these steps would see that you register for the IELTS successfully. Check out our article on universities that offer scholarships to students without an IELTS exam.