what is icloud
icloud is a cloud computing and cloud storage service from the Apple Inc. The service is launch on the 12 of October 2011. In the year 2016, the service has more than 782 million users.
The main objective of this service is to help users store photos, videos, documents, music, apps etc. You can use the service to help you find any of your devices if you lose it. The service helps to keep them updated on all your devices. It allows users to locations, easily share photos, calendars, and lots more with family and friends.
The platform is mainly a service that keeps all your devices in sync. With this service, you can share info between an iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and a computer. The information on each device will update automatically to make sure the most current information is available on all the devices. This service is free, it operates wireless, and runs in the background of your device without requiring a special obligation from the user. This service works by storing your information safe and secure on a remote server. This online storage capability is also known as ”cloud storage”.
How to download icloud for window
- Launch your web browser and visit the official platform of icloud at www.icloud.com.
- When you are on the official portal homepage, locate the ”download now” key and click on it.
- You will be direct to a new page, on that page, click on download for the window.
- It will automatically start downloading and within a few hours, you are through with the download.
How to set up icloud for window
After downloading the app the next action is to install it on your device. If you are having any issues with the installation just follow the guide below.
- If the app does not install automatically, then go to File Explorer and open the Setup.
- After opening the setup, the next step is to Restart your computer and make sure the icloud for a window is open.
- If it doesn’t automatically open then go to Start, open Programs or Apps, and open iCloud for Windows.
- Enter your valid and verified Apple ID to sign into icloud.
- Select the content and features that suit your taste. The ones you want to keep up to date on your device.
How to sign in your account
To sign in or log in your account all it requires is your Apple ID and Password. If you have a valid ID and password follow the procedure. To log in, an account is very fast and straightforward.
- Open your web browser with internet connection on it, visit the website at www.icloud.com or click HERE.
- On that page, You will see a sign in a box there, provide your valid Apple ID and password then click on sign in.
- Instantly, you will be redirected to your account dashboard where you can perform any activities.
What is icloud drive & icloud backup
Some users take this two-term to be the same thing. But it is actually different read more on this article to understand the difference between the two.
icloud drive: It’s a cloud-based, document-oriented file-storage service that keeps users data in sync between various devices. Examples of these devices PCs, Macs, iPhone’s, iPad’s and so on. ICloud Drive is Apple’s version of Dropbox.
icloud backup: It makes a copy of the information on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. When your device is backed up, it makes it easy to set up a new device. You also restore information on the one you already have.