Huawei’s latest device is Huawei P40 Pro, and it comes with the latest Kirin 990 5G chipset with a display of 6.58 inch Full HD+ OLED and it also has rounded edges, and double selfie camera. Huawei’s intention is to use the P series models to display their recent mobile camera technologies and quality.
The p-series flagship device camera specification and other features will surely create a hard time for competitors to match or beat.
Huawei P40 Pro Main Camera
The rear camera has a very large 1/1.28″ 50MP Quad-Bayer Sensor this gives out an image output of 12MP. Just like other devices that have the same sensors, it also uses pixel binning to enhance dynamic range and also the capabilities of low-light.
The lens of the phone comes with an f/1.9 aperture and a nominal 23mm equivalent focal length, but Huawei made the view to be more effective 27mm. The decision was made to have a design of a thinner camera, and it will also stop some artifacts such as corner softness and also a distortion.
Just like the Mate 30 Pro, a larger and high resolution of the image sensor is implemented in Huawei P40 Pro. In its ultra-wide camera, it comes with 40MP 1/1.54″ which is also joined with the fast f/1.8 lens, this will help for low light image quality.
The downside for having such a large sensor for an Ultra wide camera is the lens design. It is very challenging to make a design of a lens that will provide a large wide angle of view and will still be able to fit well on the phone.
With that Hauwei had to settle with 18mm, which is wider than the rear main camera, but it’s not as wide as some other phone company like Samsung and iPhones.
There will be no change in the tele-camera with that of the previous year’s P30 Pro. It comes with a folded optics that provides a zoom capture of 5x optical zoom (125mm equivalent).
Huawei P40 Pro Specification.
- Technology – GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
Huawei P40 Pro Launch
- Announced – March 26, 2020
- Status Available – Released 2020, April 07
- Dimensions – 158.2 x 72.6 x 9 mm
- Weight – 209 g (7.37 oz)
- Build – Comes both front and back glass, aluminum frame
- SIM – Single SIM (Nano-SIM/eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type – OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size – 6.58 inches, 105.2 cm2
- Resolution – 1200 x 2640 pixels, HDR10, 90Hz refresh rate
- OS – Android 10 no Google Play Services, and EMUI 10,
- Chipset – HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G (7 nm+)
- CPU – Octa-core
- GPU – Mali-G76 MP16
- Card slot – Nano Memory expandable to 256GB.
- Internal – 8GB RAM 128GB, 8GB RAM 256GB, and 8GB RAM 512GB.
- Quad – 50 MP, f/1.9, 23mm (wide) 12 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (periscope telephoto), 5x optical zoom , 40 MP, f/1.8, 18mm (ultrawide), 1/1.54″, PDAF, TOF 3D, (depth)
- Features – Leica optics, LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video – 2160p, 1080p, 720p, 1080p, HDR
Huawei P40 Pro Selfie Camera
- Dual – 32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide)
- Features – HDR
- Video – 2160p, 1080p
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- 3.5mm jack – No, 32-bit/384kHz audio
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth – 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS – Yes,
- NFC – Yes
- Infrared port – Yes
- Radio – No
- USB – 3.1
- Sensors – Infrared face recognition, fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
Huawei P40 Pro Battery
- Non-removable battery with Li-Po 4200 mAh battery
- Charging – Fast charging of 40W, Fast wireless charging of 27W, and also Fast reverse wireless charging of 27W
- Colors – Comes in different colors, Silver Frost, Blush Gold, Deep Sea Blue, Ice White, and Black
- Models – ELS-NX9, ELS-N04, ELS-AN00, ELS-TN00
- Price – For $ 965.89, € 999.00, and £ 899.99
Huawei P40 Pro Tests
- Display – Contrast ratio: Infinite (nominal)
- Camera – Photo / Video
- Loudspeaker – -27.5 LUFS (Good)
- Battery life – Endurance rating 94h