An HTML email is the use of a subset of HTML to provide formatting and semantic markup capabilities in an email. It is an email that is designed as a web-site with the help of graphics, table columns, colors, and links. The format of the HTML Email is different from the plain text. You don’t have to be a programmer to create the email because the email marketing services provide flexible campaign builders. Using HTML Email enables users to link text without displaying a URL or breaking long URLs into multiple pieces. Email clients that you can use to send HTML Emails include Gmail, Mac Mail, and Thunderbird.
The email makes your email to look formal, and more professional. The text is wrapped to fit the width of the viewing window, instead of uniformly breaking each line at 78 characters. The email allows in-line inclusion of images, tables, diagrams and mathematical formula as images. HTML Email is the best option for graphical email clients.
Presently, many businesses and brands use HTML email to make their message look more formal and professional. We all know Gmail and the Mail app on a Mac does not allow users to compose an email in HTML within the client. Follow up with our guide on how to send HTML Emails using Gmail and the Mail app on Mac.
How to send HTML Emails in Gmail and the Mail app on Mac
- Write the email in an HTML editor and ensure that you use full paths which includes URLs to any external files.
- Once you are done with the HTML file, save it to your hard drive.
- Now, you have to open the HTML file in a web browser.
- Select the entire page that you wrote the email on, If the images visible, and CSS styles are correct. If you don’t know how to select all the text, use Ctrl+A on Windows PCs or Cmd+A on Macs.
- Then press Ctrl+C on Windows or Cmd+C on Mac to copy the entire page contents.
- Start a new message in Google mail or Mac Mail and paste the copied contents into the message body. Press Ctrl+V or Cmd+V to paste the text content.
- Review your email by looking at your email’s presentation, if you are satisfied with the way the HTML page looks in your “Compose” window, you can then tap the Send button to send the email to your recipient.
NOTE: You can edit the text once you paste it into your new message. Make sure that you do not delete any of your styles or embedded images. You will find it difficult to fix if you mistakenly delete any of the styles. After adding your HTML to your email patiently scroll through the email to ensure that the links are intact and active. Make sure that the images and fonts appear correctly and check to the table to see if it’s not too wide.
From the guide. you can see that it is very easy and simple to send HTML Emails. You might be thinking that it is not possible or you can’t do it. You can actually try it out using the method in this article.