Google Keep is a note-taking service developed by Google. Launched on March 20, 2013, the Google service is available on the web, Android and iOS.
Keep offers a variety of tools for taking notes, including text, lists, images, and audio. Aside from taking notes, you can also set reminders. Other function also includes Text images extraction using optical character recognition, and voice recordings transcribing.
Google Keep has received mixed reviews since launch in 2013. Major praises include its speed, usability, and ease in customizing. However, it is criticized for its lack of text-formatting and undoing changes like google doc.
To Get Started
- Launch the play store app.
- Search and Download the google keep the app on your Android device.
- Alternatively, drive.google.com/keep.
- After completion of the installation, tap quick Note on the text bar to start adding notes
There are several types of note in the google keep the app.
They are represented with
- Text; Text notes
- Checkmark; represents to-do list.
- Microphone Icon; Voice note.
- Camera icons; To capture photos
Useful Google Tips
Below are some useful tips you can use to organize your google keep notes.
- Title your note. Ensure you add a title you can remember to your note. After adding the note, ensure to create a brief headline and explanatory text. This is useful in joggling your memory.
- Add Color to your note, tap the paint palette icon on the top right corner. The palette enables you to apply color to a group of text. This helps you organize your text and highlight an aspect.
- Share your notes. You can share notes on Google Keep desktop, Android app to email, Facebook, Dropbox, and even Evernote.
- Save links to read later. From within Chrome browser on our Android phone, we made notes out of websites by tapping the menu button on the phone > Share > and selecting Keep from within the dropdown. Note: The same process worked from within Evernote to share a note between the two scrapbooking services.
Generally speaking, Google Keep is a very useful resource and can come in handy for taking notes.