Learn how to Unblock and block Someone on Facebook. Facebook is a platform where you can chat, send pictures, videos, share memories, thoughts, and articles with your colleagues and families. Aside from all the goodies that Facebook allows you to do on its platform, there are still other things you can do on the Facebook Mobile App. One is blocking and unblocking people.
Blocking and unblocking people on Facebook
People block others on Facebook for so many reasons known to them. Some block for abusive contents, foul languages, uncultured approach, unpleasing contents and so many more. However, others block people on Facebook for reasons best known to them.
If after blocking someone on Facebook and you feel you want to unblock them. Of course, you can easily unblock them.
So, if you really want to know how you can block and unblock someone on Facebook, follow the steps below:
How to Block and Unblock Someone on Facebook
Here’s how to block someone on Facebook:
- Open your Facebook page if you are logged in to your account. But if you are not logged in, you can log in to your account to proceed.
- On your Facebook page, click on the “Menu” icon (the three horizontal lines located at the top right side of your Facebook page.
- Scroll down to click on “Settings & Privacy”.
- From the list of options there, click on “Settings“. It will direct you to another page.
- Scroll down a little bit and click on “Blocking” under “Privacy”.
- Then click on “Add to blocked list”.
- Now enter the name of the person you want to block.
- Once you find the name, click on “Block”.
- Also, click on “Block” again to confirm that you have blocked the person.
Tip: However, if you can’t find the person you want to block, you can equally visit the person’s profile on Facebook and click on “Block”. You will find the “Block” button when you click on the “three dotted lines” on the person’s profile.
Note: When you block someone on Facebook, they will not be able to see anything you post on Facebook. Also, they will not receive any notification when you eventually block them.
If you block someone and you choose to unblock the person later, you will have to send him/her a friend request.
How to unblock someone on Facebook
One thing you should know when unblocking someone is that you will have to send him or her a friend request. When you eventually unblock the person, the person will now be able to see what you post on Facebook which you share with the public. Follow the guild below to unblock someone on Facebook:
- Click on the “three horizontal lines” located in the top right corner of your Facebook page.
- Then you scroll down to click on “Settings & Privacy”.
- From the list of options displayed there, click on “Settings”. You will be directed to another page.
- On the page, scroll down a little bit and click on ‘Blocking’ under “Privacy”.
- Now click on “Unblock” located next to the name of the person you wish to unblock.
- Lastly, click on “Unblock” to confirm that you have successfully unblocked the person.
Note: If you eventually unblock the person, you will not be able to block him or her again for some days.