Like any other service, a lot of people do not buy into the idea for various reasons while some love the ease and comfort, others dislike the idea of talking to smartphones. on another hand, fluent speaking seems to deter them from the benefits of keeping the feature turned on.
How to turn off the Google voice search
Whatever the reason may be, I will love to support your claim that nothing has to be forced on you. Below is a simple tutorial on how you can turn the google voice search off on your Android phone. The process only involves a few very simple and will only take a couple of seconds to complete.
- Navigate to Settings
- Tap the General tab
- Under “Personal“ find “Language and Input“
- Find “Google voice typing“ and tap the Settings button (cog icon)
- Tap “Ok Google“ Detection.
- Under the “From the Google app“ option, move the slider to the left.
That’s it, you have successfully turned OK Google off.
Just in case you can’t find the settings, there is another way:
- Open the Google app
- In the top left corner of the page, touch the Menu icon
- Tap Settings
- Then go to Voice.
- “OK Google“ Detection
- From here, you can choose when you want your phone to listen when you say “Ok Google.”
Google Inc. has set up the pace in many other predominant technologies in recent times including the cloud service with google drive, emailing service with Gmail, Language translator with google translate.