How to Turn Off Autoplay On Facebook. You might have been on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platform and notice that some videos or a video keep playing all by itself. Yes, Right?
Trust me this can be very offensive and annoying, I believe you are with me.
These videos can just automatically play when you are scrolling through a page or just surfing through.
In as much as they bring to you videos that match your interests, they can be harmful as well. Thereby exposing you to some, offensive, violent, and even some unwanted content that you do not want to see.
So if you are one of them and you are searching for how you can just put an end to that, then you are on the right platform as we would show basically how to do that.
But before then, have it at the back of your mind that the settings are in every device. so it is now left for you to adh=just that setting in your device.
Keep reading to see how you can go about that all by yourself.
How to Turn Off Autoplay Videos
Below is how you can easily turn off autoplay videos on various platforms both on your android and iOS devices:
How to Turn Off Autoplay Videos On Facebook:
Here is how to turn off autoplay videos on Facebook:
Using the Android App:
- Click on the “menu” button at the top right side of your screen.
- Once you do that, scroll down a little and click on “Settings & Privacy”, then click on “Settings”.
- Now scroll down to where you have “Media and Contacts” then click on it.
- Lastly, once you locate “Autoplay”, set it to “Never Autoplay Videos” so as to prevent any autoplay videos whenever you open the platform.
Using the iOS App:
- Click on the “menu” button at the bottom right side of your screen.
- Once you are there, click on “Setting & Privacy” then click on “Settings”.
- Now scroll down till you see “Media and Contacts” then click on “Videos and Photos”.
- Lastly, once you locate “Autoplay”, you can now put off the feature to prevent any autoplay once you open the platform.
How to Turn Off Autoplay Videos On Instagram
Take note that Instagram does not allow any autoplay videos to be turned off as there is no option for it. Videos will not autoplay with sound if you make use of Instagram on your browser.
So we can say that stopping any autoplay videos is possible on mobile devices. However, it is a little roundabout.
Using a Mobile App
- Kindly go to your profile page and click on the three horizontal lines at the top right side of your profile page.
- Now click on “Settings” at the bottom of the page.
Then click on “Accounts”.
- Once you click on “Account”, locate “Cellular Data Use” and click on it.
- If you are an Android user, once you click on Cellular Data Use, you will now see an option to either turn on or turn off data saver.
- If it is turned off, you can turn it on, with that you can save your data over unnecessary auto-play videos.
- If you are an iOS user, toggle on “Use Less Data” and you are good to go!
How to Turn Off Autoplay Videos On Twitter
To turn off Autoplay:
- Click on “More” in the left-hand menu, then click on “Settings and Privacy.”
- Now select “Accessibility, display, and languages” > “Data usage”.
- Finally, click on the “Autoplay” setting. You can now turn off the autoplaying of videos on your feed.
Using the iOS and Android Apps
- Firstly, you will have to click on the profile picture at the top of your phone screen.
- Next select “Settings and privacy” in the menu.
- Finally, navigate to “Data usage”, click on “Video autoplay” and set it to “Never”.
Just like most sites that host videos, autoplays videos by default. But it is somewhat easy to turn it off.
Using the Mobile App:
- Click on the icon close to the search bar, then click on “Settings”.
- You will find “Autoplay” close to the top of the page, and then you can easily decide to turn it off.
Using the Legacy Version:
- Click on “Preferences” close to your username on the top right side of the window.
- Just below “Media”, search for and uncheck “Autoplay Reddit videos on the desktop comments page.”
- You will now have to click on the “save options” at the bottom side of the screen to put changes.
Using the Newest Design;
- Click on your username on the top right side and click on “User settings” in the menu.
- Now choose the “Feed settings” tab at the top of the page.
And then put off the “Autoplay media” switch.