In this article, you will learn how to transfer text messages from windows phone to an Android phone. Are you having difficulties in transferring your text messages from your windows phone to android phone? Did you just get a new Android phone and you want to transfer all your text messages on your windows phone to your Android phone? A lot of people are having this issue that’s the reason I have to share this with you.
Presently, Switching phones is often a hassle for many people. When switching phones we have to transfer all the files we have on our previous phone. We have to transfer our emails, text messages, and contacts. Unfortunately, we can easily transfer emails, photos, contact but we can’t transfer our messages easily. As a Windows phone user switching to Android phones does this mean we have to potentially lose every important message on our phone?
Fortunately for you, there are ways to rescue your precious texts messages and move them to your new device. All you have to do is to follow up with us in this article to know how to transfer text messages from your windows phone to your new android phone.
How to Transfer Text Messages From Windows Phone to Android Phone
- Open your window 10 pc store and download this third-party app “WP Message Backup“. The app will give you the access to view and export all your Text messages from your Windows 10 device.
- When you are done with the app download, install it on your device. After installing it on your device, open the app and sign in to your Microsoft Account.
- Once you finish signing into your account the messages will automatically populate. Note that if you have over a few thousand messages, it could take a while.
- Click on the “Select all” button once the messages finish loading and click on the export button.
- Ensure that you export your Text Messages as an “XML” file. The XML is the format that is used by Android devices and it will allow your content to be loaded by the Android SMS Backup and Restore apps.
- Note that the app free mode can only let you export 100 messages. So you will have to subscribe for the premium package. The premium will allow you to export unlimited text messages.
- Now you have to transfer the XML File to your Android phone. You can do that by uploading it to your favorite cloud storage service. You can also transfer it manually through USB.
- Here you have to visit the Android Store and download SMS Backup and Restore from Carbonite. You can click HERE to download the app.
- Lastly, you will use the downloaded app to backup and restore your text messages.