Have you been looking for how you can Stream from your Android / iOS device to your TV using Chromecast? If yes, be calm because you are on the right platform. In this article, we will be showing you How to Stream From Your Android / iOS Device to your TV using Chromecast easily. But before we dive into that, I would like to define the word ‘Streaming’. Streaming is the act of continuously transmitting audio or video files from a server to a client. It can also be said to be an act of watching videos or listening to music in real-time. Instead of passing through the stress of having to download the file to your computer and watching it later.
Stream From Your Android / iOS Device to your TV is not that hard as you think, it’s very easy. You can easily say that streaming from your Android/iOS Device to your TV is very hard because you do not have the basic knowledge of what it’s all about, how it works and how you can set it. To stream, you can connect your Android/Tablet to a TV using a Micro-HDMI cable if supported or an MHL/SlimPort via Micro-USB. You can as well cast your screen using Miracast or Chromecast.
Smartphones and Tablets are great for individual users because they are light-weighted with bright and sharp screens and also a very long battery life. And that makes watching films and viewing of photos very very easy.
We all know that a very large number of people call for bigger screens. Just like the screens used in Cinemas to watch movies by a very large crowd of people.
Well, technology has made it very easy for us. Here’s how you can connect your Android/Tablet phones to your TV without spending a dime and also without much stress.
How to Stream from your Android to your TV using Chromecast
I know you might have been wondering what Chromecast is. Well, Chromecast is a streaming media player from Google which enables you to project contents from your smartphones, computer or tablet to your TV. You can cast photos, music or videos with just a tap making use of the screencasting feature. Chromecast also allows you to check websites like Facebook in high resolution, blow up your photos, and even give a PowerPoint presentation from your phone. Here is how you can stream from your Android to your TV using Chromecast:
- Open the Google Home app.
- After you must have done that, click on the ‘Account Tab’.
- Now scroll down and click on ‘Mirror device’.
- Click on Cast Screen/Audio.
- Then choose your Chromecast device to start mirroring your screen to your TV.
Well, if you wish to cast directly from an app to your Android, here’s what you should do:
- Ensure that your Android device is being connected to the same WiFi network as that of your Chromecast.
- Click on a Chromecast-supported app ( Note that the app must be up-to-date).
- Now click on ‘Cast’.
- Then choose the device you want to cast to and click on ‘Cast‘.
How to Stream from an iOS device to your TV using Chromecast.
To stream from your iPhone or iOS device, all you have to do is:
- Ensure that your iPhone is being connected to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
- Click on a Chromecast supported-app (The app must be up-to-date).
- Now click on the ‘Cast button’.
- Then select the device you wish to cast to and click on ‘Cast’. Once you are connected, you will notice the Cast button changing color. If you want to stop casting, just click on the Cast button again, then disconnect.
Things you Need Before you can Stream From Your Android / iOS Device to your TV using Chromecast
Note that before setting up your Chromecast, you must have the following:
- Good phone or tablet,
- TV with an HDMI port, and
- A reliable Wi-Fi connection.
Also, have it at the back of your mind that Chromecast works with most mobile devices with Android 5.0 or higher and iOS 11.0 and higher.