Today’s article revolves around how to prevent your Facebook account from being hacked. And in this article, we will be showing you steps to follow in order to prevent your Facebook account from being hacked. But before we proceed, I would like to tell you what a Facebook account is. A Facebook account is a personal account of an individual or a person managed by that person. Here he or she can upload photos, share videos, post memories, post updates. And also, pass pieces of information, personal information and even maintain a friends list. Most people mistake the Facebook profile/account for the Facebook page. Note that a Facebook page and a Facebook account are different. The difference is that a Facebook profile is created by users for their personal needs. While a Facebook page is created when an organization or a business needs a presence on Facebook.
How do I Prevent my Facebook Account from being hacked?
It is very vital you know what to do to prevent your Facebook account from being Hacked. It is really annoying and sad to hear complaints from many users complaining about their Facebook app being hacked. Hackers use different techniques to access your profile in other to use it for some kind of fraudulent activity. In order to prevent this hack injection, Facebook has created some tips to help you secure your account.
Below are what you should always do to prevent your Facebook account from being hacked:
- Use a strong password. If you are just creating a Facebook account, use a strong password. A password that contains alphabets, numbers, and symbols. If you already own a Facebook account and you do not have a strong password, you can go to Facebook settings and change it to a strong password.
- Always confirm your mobile number. By doing that, Facebook will be able to send you a code to change the password when you forget your password.
- Always log out of devices you used in logging in to Facebook especially if the devices are not yours.
- Don’t ever save your password either on your phone or public devices. I’m very sure you might have noticed a pop-up on your screen asking if you would like to save your password on the device. Even if you haven’t noticed it, anytime you see such question pop-up, do not click YES, always click NO.
- Activate ‘Login Approvals’. By so doing this, each time you try logging in to your account with other devices or someone else tries logging in, it will ask you to enter a security code. And this will make your account inaccessible unless you choose to disclose your security code to someone else. Of which, you wouldn’t want to.
- Always disconnect previous active sessions.
- Always clear all your browsing history to avoid someone gaining access to your authentication details.
- Try to Always protect yourself from spyware and malware.
- Activate the ‘Private Browsing’ option from your browser to avoid others from accessing your account.
- When you try logging in to your account, you must have noticed a small box below that reads ‘Keep me logged in’. Always uncheck the box.
- Never click on suspicious links even if it’s from your friends. Always be extra careful and ask others what the link is all about.
- Do not disclose your password to anyone.
- If you are being called by a stranger or a known person asking you to send a code being sent to your phone. Do not send it, kindly ignore the person
- Use two-factor authentication: I think this is the best way to give your Facebook account maximum security.
Use two-factor authentication to Secure FB Account.
Using this two-factor authentication is the best way to secure and prevent your Facebook account from hackers. Follow the guide below to set up two-factor authentication.
- Firstly login your Facebook account via browser or app
- Then go to your FB account setting
- Next, click on Security and login
- Here you will see the device you are logging and click on Use two-factor authentication
- Kindly select security method and continue
- However, if you want to use your phone number, Kindly click on the Text message
- A code will be sent to your number, kindly enter the code that was sent to your mobile number
- Lastly, click on ON.
So, on each time a new device is trying to log in your account a code will be sent to your line, without the code no one can gain access to your account. With the above, you have strongly prevented your Facebook account from hackers.