How to Make Chrome Dark Mode. Even with the release of the Chrome Dark Mode, some people still don’t know that the feature exists. And even others that know, do not know how to make use of it.
Well, if you are in that category, then you need not stress yourself because here, I have listed out the step-by-step methods that you can use to make chrome dark mode. Just keep reading to see and understand how you can make chrome dark mode.
Chrome Dark Mode
Without wasting much of our time, let us just understand how the Chrome Dark Mode works and what it is all about.
The Chrome Dark Mode is an extension that assists you to turn the screen of your browser to dark mode at night. While the toolbar button is an ON and OFF switch that allows you to turn on and turn off the extension easily and quickly.
The main purpose of the chrome dark mode is that it reduces the light which is emitted by the screens of devices while maintaining the normal color contrast ratio that is needed for readability. Especially for those with eye problems.
The most interesting part of this is that the feature is available on both Android and Apple phones.
How to Make Chrome Dark Mode on Android iPhone and on your PC
So if you been searching for how you can make chrome dark mode, carefully follow the steps below to make chrome dark mode on your Android, iPhone, and Your PC:
How to Make Chrome Dark Mode on Android
Before you proceed to make chrome dark mode on your android device, take note that the dark theme is available only on Android 5 and above. However, if you don’t get to see the Dark theme settings, then I am sorry you may have to restart Chrome.
Below is how you can make chrome dark mode on your Android Device:
- On your Android device, open Google Chrome.
- Click on the three dots at the top right side of the screen.
- Next is scroll down and click on “Settings”.
- On the next page displayed, scroll down a little and click on “Theme”. (You won’t see dark mode but “theme” except on a PC”).
- Once you click on “Theme”, you will be left with 3 options. Which are:
-System default – turn on dark mode whenever your battery saver or your device’s dark theme is on.
-The next option there is the “Light” mode, that is if you want Chrome in light mode.
-While the last option is “Dark” mode if you want chrome in dark mode.
Since you want chrome in dark mode, simply click on the “Dark” option then you are good to go.
How to Enable the Feature on iPhone or iPad
Below is how you can make chrome dark mode on your iPhone or iPad:
- Go to “Settings”, then click on “Display & Brightness”.
- Now click on “Dark” to enable dark mode for Chrome.
- To automatically turn on Dark Mode at sunset or a particular period of time, go to “Settings” then “Display & Brightness” and click on “Automatic”.
- Now click on “Options” to set a schedule for Dark Mode”.
How to Enable the Feature on Mac
Here is how to Make Chrome Dark Mode On Mac:
- Select “Apple menu” then click on “System Preferences”.
- Now click on “General”, then pick one of the Appearance options at the top of the window:
Light: Click on the light appearance
Dark: Click on the dark appearance.
Auto: Automatically make use of the light appearance during the day and the dark appearance at night.
Since you want to make chrome dark mode, simply click on the “Dark” appearance.