We know that it can sometimes be tricky to log out of Facebook. Also embarrassing to ask how to logout of Facebook from someone. That’s why on this post we would love to take you through various logout steps on various facebook platforms.
How to Logout of Facebook Website.
Follow these steps to logout of Facebook on a computer.
- Locate and click on the white down arrow icon at the top right the Facebook page.
- Scroll down on the appearing menu.
- Then, Click Log Out on the menu.
Logout of Facebook App
To log out in facebook app, follow the steps below.
- Open the Facebook news feed page.
- Scroll down bottom menu bar.
- Click on the more icon on the bottom right corner.
- Next, the application menu is opened.
- Scroll down, find and tap “Log Out”
- Tap “Log Out” to confirm.
Note: cancel will halt the process to logout (just in case you change your mind at the last minute).
Logout from Messenger on Your Android Device
Android users can logout of facebook without accessing the Facebook app or Messenger app.
- Go to settings on the phone.
- Proceed to the app section.
- Scroll through find and tap Messenger.
- Tap the Storage option.
- From the list of storage details, tap the Clear Data button.
This steps should effectively log you out of the facebook messenger app without even getting there.
Logout of Messenger From Facebook App(iOS & Android)
This logout of facebook option works for both Android and iOS devices.
- Launch the Facebook app with the account logged in (that is the account you want to log out on Messenger).
- Tap the menu option (Located at the bottom of the screen from the home feed tab on iOS and at the top of the screen on Android).
- Find and tap Settings & Privacy
- Then, Tap Security and Login.
- There is a section labeled Where You’re Logged In. The Facebook app keeps a list of all devices and apps associated with the facebook account. The device name is written in bold wording while the associated platform will be labeled beneath it and a location in front of it.
- In this case, you want to locate the device where the messenger app is logged in.
- Tap the three vertical dots next to the device name and select Log Out.
The device and the messenger will immediately disappear from the list. Open the Messenger app to confirm.