While it is impossible to totally hide apps on an iPhone, you can make them more difficult to detect. Hiding apps also frees up space on your home screen by eliminating the need to see apps you don’t use very often. Several methods are provided below for hiding apps from your iPhone’s home screen, Siri suggestions, and App Store purchase history.
How to Use Folders to Hide Apps on Your iPhone
On your iPhone, the simplest approach to hide an app is to navigate to your Home Screen and create a new folder. To accomplish this, tap and hold any app, then select Edit Home Screen. Drag the app onto another app. Finally, open the folder and drag the appropriate application into a new folder window.
- Navigate to your iPhone’s Home Screen. This may be accomplished on previous iPhones by pushing the Home button at the bottom of the screen. You’ll need to quickly slide up from the bottom of your screen on an iPhone X or newer.
- Following that, tap and hold any app. You can release your grip if the app begins to shake or if a pop-up menu displays.
- Following that, click Edit Home Screen.
- Then tap and drag one application onto the top of another. This will create a new folder with the two apps on your iPhone’s Home Screen. Additional applications can be added by simply dragging them on top of the folder. Additionally, you can rename the folder by tapping the name directly above it and typing a new one.
- Following that, open the folder and drag the program into a new folder window. This may be accomplished by simply dragging the program to the folder’s right side. This will open a new folder window in which you may drag and drop your application to conceal it.
- Finally, tap the Done button. This is seen in the upper-right corner of your screen.
While this strategy is useful for hiding apps on your Home Screen, you can also entirely uninstall them.
How to Use the App Library to Hide Apps
To use the App Library to hide apps on your iPhone, navigate to the Home Screen and tap and hold the app you wish to conceal. Then, from the pop-up menu, select Remove App. Finally, tap Remove from Home Screen to take the app off your home screen and hide it from your App Library.
Please note that these methods are only applicable if you are using iOS 14 or later.
- Navigate to your iPhone’s Home Screen.
- Then tap and hold the application you wish to conceal.
- Following that, tap Remove App.
- Finally, tap Remove from Home Screen to complete the process. This will remove your app from the home screen, but it will remain accessible through the App Library, which can be accessed by swiping left on the home screen. Then, using the search box at the top of the App Library screen, you may locate any hidden apps.
Tap and hold an app to bring it back to your Home Screen, then select Add to Home Screen. Additionally, you can tap and hold an app in the search results and drag it to the Home Screen at any moment.
Note: Because all apps on your iPhone are visible in the App Library, this is the maximum amount of time you may hide an app.
While putting an app to the App Library is an effective way to hide it, you can make it even more difficult to locate by removing it from the iPhone’s search results.
How to Remove Applications from the iPhone’s Search Results
To remove apps from the search results on your iPhone, navigate to Settings > Siri & Search and scroll down. Then tap the app’s name to disable the Show App in Search feature. Additionally, you can disable all other settings to prevent the app from appearing anywhere on your phone.
If you’re hiding an app from search results, you may also wish to disable the app’s notifications. This is how:
How to Disable Notifications in an iPhone Application
On your iPhone, open the Settings app and hit Notifications to disable an app’s notifications. After that, scroll down and press the slider next to Allow Notifications. When the slider is gray, it indicates that it is switched off.
How to Hide Apps from the App Store History on your iPhone
To remove an app from your App Store history on your iPhone, open the App Store and hit the Today tab.
- On your iPhone, open the App Store. This is the application denoted by the blue “A” icon.
- After that, click the Today tab. This will be displayed in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Following that, tap your profile icon. This is seen in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- After that, tap Purchased.
- Then, on an app, slide left and select Hide.
- Finally, click on Done. This is seen in the upper-right corner of your screen.
To view your hidden app purchases, visit the App Store, press your profile symbol, and then select your Apple ID from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Typically, this is your email address. Finally, navigate to Apple ID > Unauthorized Purchases.