Are you a Facebook user and have been searching for how you can delete or deactivate your Facebook account? You have visited the right platform. I specially wrote this article for you. Here, on this platform, I will be showing you how you can easily do that without stress. But before that, what is Facebook all about?
Facebook is a social networking website where you can easily connect and interact with family and friends online. The app was originally designed for college students. It was created by Mark Zuckerberg and some of his colleagues at Harvard University in the year 2004.
Deleting Facebook Account.
When you choose to delete your Facebook account, you want it deleted permanently. That is, once you choose to delete it, there is no way you can retrieve it back. Your account will be deleted from Facebook including all your posts since you started using the Facebook Mobile App.
If you do not want to lose your Facebook information, here is how you can easily download them and I will be showing you how to go about doing that.
Deactivating My Facebook Account.
When you choose to deactivate your Facebook account, it simply means that you want the account deleted temporarily, probably maybe for the main time.
Once you deactivate your account, there’s every possibility of you activating or getting back the account.
Deactivating your Facebook account won’t let you lose all your posts. And there is no need of downloading Facebook information because once you activate it, your post will still be in your account.
But if you want to download Facebook information, there is no problem. To download Facebook information, carefully follow the steps below:
How to Download Facebook information.
Here’s how to download your Facebook Information:
- Open your Facebook Mobile App and log in to your account and access your Facebook settings.
- Click on “Your Facebook Information”. You will see a list of options.
- Choose view on the “download your information”.
- All your activities will be displayed. Then pick the ones you wish to download.
- After that, tap the blue button that reads: “create”.
Once you are done following the above steps, you will receive a notification from Facebook that your files are ready to download. Then go to Available Files and Download. Follow the rest onscreen instructions
How to Delete or Deactivate my Facebook account.
Before you delete your Facebook account, make sure you download and save a copy of all your posts, like your pictures and videos. Because, once the account is deleted, you can not retrieve anything you have added to that account again.
On classic Facebook:
- Go to the upper right corner of any Facebook page and click on the “arrow” icon.
- Next, click on “Settings” and then click on “Your Facebook Information”.
- Then choose “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Click on “Delete Account”. After that, click on “Continue to Account Deletion”.
- Now put in your password, tap “Continue” and also click on “Delete Account”.
On New Facebook:
- Click on the “Arrow” icon at the top right corner of any Facebook Page.
- Go to “Settings & Privacy > Settings” and click on it.
- Select “Your Facebook Information” in the left column”.
- Then tap “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Click on “Permanently Delete Account” and also click on “Continue to Account Deletion”.
- Now choose “Delete Account”.
- Enter your password and click on “Continue”.
Tip: Do not misinterpret me. To deactivate your Facebook account means to temporarily delete the account while deleting your Facebook account means permanently deleting the account.
Following the steps above. If you want to deactivate your account but not delete it, then you will choose to “Deactivate Account” rather than “Deleting Account”.
Cancelling Account Deletion.
Here’s how to cancel your account deletion:
- Open and log into your Facebook account. This must be done 30 days after deleting your Facebook account.
- Then click on “Cancel Deletion”.