In this article, I would be showing you how you can easily clean your phone to get rid of Coronavirus. But before I dive into that, let me brief you on what the COVID-19 is all about.
Coronavirus is an infectious disease, which causes different illnesses in humans. This outbreak is believed to have all started in China. It all started from a “wet market” in Wuhan where both dead and live animals are being killed and sold. Not excluding fishes and birds. The risk of the virus spreading from animals to humans in these markets is very high. Because the hygiene standard will be very low if animals are kept and killed on the site.
Though the main animal that brought about this outbreak (COVID-19) is yet to identify. But people believe that the main source is the bats. Well, bats were never sold at the Wuhan market but they likely might have infected live chickens. As well as other animals that are being sold at the Wuhan market.
The number of Coronavirus cases recorded in China is decreasing but increasing in other countries. Especially in Italy where over 5,000 death cases of the COVID-19 were recorded.
What are the symptoms of the Coronavirus?
Symptoms of the Coronavirus include fever, dry cough, fatigue (tiredness), difficulty in breathing. People that are more vulnerable to the Coronavirus are the old as well as people with severe medical conditions. Such as heart disease, heart attack, asthma, diabetes.
How can I prevent the COVID-19?
To prevent the Coronavirus, all you should do is:
- Wash your hands often for at least 20-seconds using soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- While coughing or sneezing, always do that into your elbow. You can as well cough or sneeze into tissue papers and dispose off them into the trash can or waste bin.
- Do not touch your nose, mouth or eye with your hands.
- Always distance yourself from sick people/patients.
- If you feel you have been infected with the COVID-19, please stay indoors always and seek medical care to avoid others from contracting the virus.
- When sick, always wear a face mask.
- Always clean and disinfect objects you touch regularly. Such as your mobile phones, computers, utensils, and others.
How does COVID-19 spread?
- The Coronavirus spreads through droplets of an infected person. For instance, when an infected person sneezes or coughs and the droplets from his or her nostrils or mouth touches the hand of a non-infected person. Then there is no doubt that the person is likely to contract the virus.
- Not only that, when those droplets lands on surfaces and a non-infected person touch the surface, but it also spreads.
- You could also contact the virus if you use your infected hands to touch your mouth, eyes, or nose.
That’s why you are always advised to wash your hands regularly with soap and water. As well as disinfecting them with a hand sanitizer.
Now, let’s move into the main topic.
How to clean your phone to get rid of Coronavirus
It was discovered that our mobile phones carry 10 times more bacteria than a toilet seat. Sounds surprising right?
Tim Cook (Apple’s CEO) also said that it is very safe to wipe or clean the screens of your devices with the help of a Clorox Disinfectant wipe. But he warned not to submerge your cell phones in a cleaning product.
Cleaning your iPhone
Apple said that using regular disinfectants on iPhones and iPads could damage the Oleophobic coating on the screens. Instead, he advised iPhone users to use 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe. As well as Clorox Disinfecting wipes to wipe gently the hard and non-porous surfaces of the Apple devices. This includes the keyboard and other exterior surfaces. He also warned against using bleach.