Have you been having issues checking if your iPhone is Locked or unlocked?. If yes, be calm because today I will be showing you the steps to follow to check if your iPhone is locked or unlocked. Before we dive into that, I would advise you to check if your iPhone is carrier-locked before buying it. Whether you are buying a new one or you are buying a second-hand iPhone. The reason is so you do not end up regretting as well as being frustrated especially when the return policy is not favorable at all.
Well, if you want to check if your iPhone is locked or unlocked. The easiest way to do that is by contacting your carrier to know if your iPhone is locked or unlocked. Though, there are other ways to do that of which I will be listed below:
How to check if your iPhone is locked or unlocked in Settings
This method, I would say is very efficient and it’s one of the oldest methods of checking if your iPhone is unlocked. Using this method, all you need to do is:
- Open your iPhone Settings.
- Scroll down to ‘Cellular’ and click on it.
- After you must have done that, look for an option labeled ‘Cellular Data Network’. If you find this option, your iPhone is unlocked but if you do not find the option, then your iPhone isn’t unlocked. It’s locked.
Check if your iPhone is unlocked Using Different Carrier SIM Card
To check if your iPhone is unlocked using a different Carrier’s SIM Card, all you need to do is:
- Buy a different carrier sim card. Get an AT&T or a T-Mobile SIM card if you make use of Sprint or Verizon. Note that the SIM that you purchase can’t be a pre-paid SIM card and make sure it is of the same size as the one you are currently using.
- Now switch off your iPhone using the power button.
- Locate your SIM card slot, then open it making use of a straightened paper clip.
- Once the SIM tray is out or opened, remove the SIM inside, replace it with a new SIM, and push in the SIM tray.
- Now turn on your iPhone. If your iPhone asks you for a passcode, enter it. You could as well use the Touch ID sensor to skip that.
- Dial a number and try calling it, if the call can not be completed then the iPhone carrier is still locked.
How to check if your iPhone is unlocked using an online service
Note that, this method is a very long method and it does require using IMEI registration page to check if your iPhone is unlocked
To check if your iPhone is Locked or unlocked using this method, all you need to do is:
- Go to the IMEI info’s registration page, then create an account.
- Fill in the required information. After you must have done that, click on Register Me!.
- Click on the link sent to the email address you provided to confirm your registration.
- To see your IMEI number, go to your iPhone Settings then click on General-About. Scroll down to the IMEI section (There, you will see your IMEI number).
- On the IMEI info’s page, enter your IMEI number.
- Now click on “I’m not a robot. Check, Simlock & Warranty, Check Apple Phone Details”. If you see a message that reads unlocked: false, that means that your iPhone is carrier-locked but if you see a message that reads unlocked: true, that means that your iPhone is unlocked.