Today’s topic is How to Change My Facebook Password without Old Password. So many people have forgotten their Facebook and have been finding means to recover it but seem not to understand how they can go about doing that.
Well if you are one of them, you need not worry, because you have come to the right platform. In today’s article, I will be showing you how you can change your Facebook Password easily without going through the stress of trying to recall your old password.
How to Change your Facebook Password Without your Old Password
I will advise you to change your Facebook password often. Most especially when you feel someone else knows your password or is monitoring your Facebook account for security reasons. And when changing your Facebook password, always put in a password that you can easily remember. The password could include alphabets, numbers, and symbols but make sure it’s a password you can easily recall.
Here is how you can reset your password without an old password. All you have to do is:
- Try logging in. After an unsuccessful attempt to log in, you will see a “Recover Account” button under the login field. Click on it.
- Now enter the email address you used in signing up for your Facebook account and tap the “Search” button.
- If your account is being displayed on your screen, tap the ‘This Is My Account’ button.
- Now, you will be provided with different options to reset your account (Take note that, any option you choose is where Facebook will send you a code to reset your Facebook password). You may choose to receive the code either through SMS, via email or your Google account.
- After you must have chosen your option, click on “Continue”.
- Let’s assume you choose to receive the code via email, you will receive a code in your Email. After you must have received it, click on the “Click here to change your password” link. You can as well choose to enter the password reset code after you must have entered the code sent to your email and click on ‘Change Password’.
- Now enter your new password (I will advise you to choose a very strong password that you can easily recall. Prefarrably, a password that contains alphabets, numbers, and symbols). After you must have entered your new password, click on the “Show” password button to confirm that you have entered your new password correctly. Then click on “Continue”.
Using Gmail to log in
- If you connect your Gmail to your Facebook account, then you can easily log in to Google to reset your Facebook password. I would say that this method is the easiest method. Why because, you wouldn’t have to enter any code to reset your password. Here, a pop-up window will open and a login screen for your Gmail account.
- Tap the account you signed up with.
- Now enter your Google password and click on the “Next” button.
- Enter your new password (I will advise you to enter a recallable password that includes alphabets, numbers, and symbols) and click on the “Continue” button.