Changing a Facebook password is very easy. All you need to do is to make sure you understand the basic steps. People change their password on Facebook for so many reasons. You might change your password on Facebook simply because you forgot your old password. You can also change your password on Facebook if you feel someone else already knows the password.
So, have you been searching for how you can easily change your Facebook password? Interestingly, you have come to the right platform. In this article, I will show you all you need to do to change your password on Facebook. Just follow all the steps I listed below to easily change your password without stressing yourself.
How to Change Facebook Password
Here’s how to change your password on Facebook if you are logged in:
How to change Facebook password on a Basic Mobile Browser:
- On your Facebook page, click on “the three horizontal lines” located on the top right side of your screen.
- Now scroll down to click on “Settings & Privacy”, under “Security”, choose “Security and Login”.
- Next, is to click on “Change password”.
- In the spaces provided, enter your old password as well as your new password. Re-enter your new password.
- Finally, click on “Save Changes”.
However, if you are logged in but you’ve forgotten your password. Follow the same steps under “Change Your Password”, then click on “Forgot Password?”. Then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to reset your password.
Tip: To reset your password on Facebook, you must have access to the email linked with your account.
How to Reset Your Password
Here’s how to reset your password if you are not logged in to your account:
- Click on “Forgot Password”.
- Now enter the phone number, email, name, or the username that is linked to your account and click on “Search”.
- Then follow the rest on-screen instructions.
Note: for some security purposes, you might not be able to make use of the same mobile number you used for two-factor authentication to help you in resetting your password.
- Furthermore, you will have to make use of a different phone number or email address linked to your account. In order to reset your password.
How to change Facebook password on your iPhone:
Note that you cannot change your Facebook Password without your old password and your email. The reason is because of the user’s trust and the security data policy of Facebook.
To change Facebook password on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Make sure that your Facebook mobile app is updated, then open it.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Once you log in, go to the bottom end of your Facebook page and click on the “three horizontal lines”.
- After you do that, scroll down and click on “Settings & Privacy”.
- You will see a list of options. Including Settings, Privacy Shortcuts, Your time on Facebook, and App language”.
- Click on “Settings”. Under “Security”, tap “Security and login”.
- Another page will be displayed to you.
- Scroll down and click on “Change password”, and wait for a little for the page to finish loading. You will find it under the login section.
- Now enter your current password, new password, and retype your new password in the spaces provided.
- Lastly, click on “Save changes”.
If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgotten password|”. Then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions.
On your Android device:
- Open your Facebook mobile app on your Android phone.
- Next, is to click on the “three horizontal lines”. It is located in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and click on “Settings & Privacy”.
- You will see a list of options, choose “Settings”.
- You will be directed to a new page, click on “Security and Login” under “Settings”.
- From the list of options, click on “Change password” under “Login”.
- Wait for a while, then enter your current password, new password, and re-type your new password.
- Click on “Save Changes”. Your password will automatically change.
Note that the step above is sed when you are logged in to your account on Facebook. However, if you are not logged in and you have forgotten your password. Then click on “Forgot Password?”.