Hotmail is one of the most popular free online email services. The service is provided by Microsoft, The windows live Hotmail is now called Outlook.com. It is a Webmail service and it has more than 400 million users all over the world. This service can be used on any web browser in as much as you have internet connection on your device. Hotmail is the first web-based email service, it was Launched in 1996.
The platform was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith and it was formerly spelled as HoTMaiL. In 1997 Hotmail was later acquired by Microsoft and in August 2012, Microsoft renamed Hotmail as Outlook.com. Before Microsoft acquired the service, the main objective of Hotmail is to enhanced virus scanning and storage up to 250-MB and to spam filters. But now that Microsoft has acquired it the service provided by Hotmail include the capability to save contact lists in an address book.
Users were also provided with a schedule calendar and users can also choose to pay a subscription fee to upgrade their Hotmail account. Presently, Outlook.com service provides unlimited storage for free. Users also have the access to use Outlook to send and receive Outlook.com email. It also allows users to connect to Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn. The feature of outlook.com also includes built-in search and spam filtering.
Hotmail Sign up login: Creating an Account
- Open your web browser and visit the official platform.
- When you are on the platform click on the Create free account Key.
- The next step is to create an email address by using your desired name and putting @outlook.com at the back.
- Enter the password you want for your account and click on the next button.
- Tick on the Send me promotional emails from Microsoft” box if you don’t want to receive product offers from Microsoft.
- After that click on the next button, you will be directed to a new web page.
- On the new page enter your first name and last name then click on the next button.
- Select your country, enter your Date of birth and click on the next key.
- Here you have to enter the Characters that displays on your screen for security purpose.
- You have to click on the next button and wait for some seconds you will be directed to your account dashboard.
Hotmail Account login: How to Access your Mail
- Launch any web browser and log into the official platform.
- Click on the sign in button and enter your login details needed on that page.
- Your login credential is your email address or phone number.