Microsoft has always had the quest to replicate the dominance that they have over the past decades in the internet market.
its CEOs have exhaustively brainstormed on internet tech ideas that will give it an equal if not a superior stand in the internet market. Research has been done, innovations have been launched but the superiority is evident in the popularity of Google products such as the trending google drive, youtube, google chrome, the ever-present Google search engine and the world most populated email “the Gmail”
Microsoft in its recent rebranding activities over the past several years have decided to merge their mailing [Hotmail and outlook] platform as one. A move that was commended but the problem of getting the subscriber to accept the change poses a challenge. Therefore, Microsoft offers a portal to switch without changing the address.
Microsoft has made the switch or upgrading simple no matter the mail service that you operate the process is very much the same
let’s look at upgrading to Hotmail to outlook.
Benefits of Upgrading to Outlook against Opening a New Mail
- you can retain the same email address.
- your Hotmail set up and Hotmail account remains the same.
- All your devices will continue with the Outlook Connector
- you retain all your contacts and previous progress.
- you lost no messages as folders, draft and inbox messages remain.
- Your signature and vacation reply come with you
Step to Upgrade
- Go to the homepage http://outlook.com
- Sign in with your Hotmail log in details.
- Go to settings on the top right corner, click on more settings
- on this page, under managing your account, rename your email address
- there you can change your new email address and change to @outlook.com
Note: use the same process for @hotmail.com, @msn.com, @live.com, etc. It is important that you maintain a relationship with existing contacts from your Hotmail account.