Google Pay is an application that allows users to receive or make UPI payments using their phone number. Google pay app is formerly known as Pay with Google and Android Pay. It is a digital wallet platform and an online payment system. This payment system is developed by Google to power in-app and tap-to-pay purchases on mobile devices. Google pay enables users to make payment using their Android phones, Tablets, OS watches, and iOS supported device.
Google pay is a digital mode of payment, anytime users send or receive a payment that user will get the amount sent or received directly deposited into the linked bank account. This app is simple to use and it gives users the ability to make the payment by contactless payment. Users can also use it at any grocery shop by paying using your registered phone number. With the platform, you don’t have to take cash with you every time. All you have to do is to use your Google pay app. Below is a short guide on how you can set up the payment system and how to use it perfectly.
How to Download Google Pay App
- The first step is to open your Play store or App store on your phone.
- Enter Google Pay on your search box and wait for it to search.
- When you get the search result click on the app to download it.
- When you are through with the download quickly install the app on your device.
How to set up Google pay App
- Open the app and select your preferred language.
- Enter the phone number that you are using and ensure the sim is inserted into your smartphone.
- The application will ask for necessary permissions, allow the permission.
- Now, you have to log into your Google account using your login Credential.
- After logging into your account click on the continue button.
- Wait for the one-time password(OTP), the OTP is used for verification. Click on the next button when you get the OTP.
- When you are through with the verification process, you have to register your bank account.
How to register a bank account with Google Pay
- To use this service Make sure that your bank supports UPI payment service. You won’t be able to use google pay if your bank does not support the service.
- Open Google Pay app and tap on your photo then Click on ”Add bank account” option.
- Choose your bank from the list that will display on your screen.
- Enter your UPI account details and PIN if you have an existing UPI account and PIN. If you don’t have then you have to create one.
- Enter the expiry date of the UPI account and Wait for the verification process to compete
- Once you are verified you can start using your app anytime and anywhere.
How to make payment with Google Pay
- Firstly, you have to open the app and choose the contact you want to send money.
- Click on the Pay button and enter the amount you want to pay.
- Tap on the proceed to pay option to confirm your payment.
- Lastly, Enter your UPI PIN to complete the payment process.