Google Drive is a Free File storage developed by Google. Google Drive is a synchronization service that is launched on the 24th of April 2014. It gives users access to store files on their server and allows users to Share files. This service helps users to synchronize files across devices.
Google Drive has an app and the app is available for Windows, Android, and iOS device. It encompasses Sheets and spread, Google Docs and Office suite. All files edited or created through office suite are saved in google drive. The service is a free cloud-based storage service. It enables users to store and access files online with just a click. Google Drive helps users to store documents, photos etc.
How does Google Drive work/ How to use google drive
- To use this service you have to create and sign into a google account.
- After that type in Drive.google.com into your web browser.
- My Drive will automatically display on your screen. It contains uploaded or synced files and folders, Google Sheets, Slides and Docs.
- You can now upload files from your computer or create files in Google Drive.
- Note that you can also download the App on your device to carry out the service.
Google Drive Pricing
The service offers you 15GB for free when you start using the service. Users have to pay for storage after they have exhausted their free 15GB. You have to pay $1.99 per month for 100 GB, $9.99 per month for 1 TB. For 2 TB you will have to pay $19.99 per month, $99.99 per month for 10 TB, $199.99 per Month for 20 TB. Lastly $299.99 per month for 30 TB. The service also allows users to pay annually. Users that pay annually are entitled to receive a discount on 100 GB and 1 TB plans.
The purchase is automatically renewed at the end of every month. Users are given 7 days to renew their payment if it fails to renew automatically. As a user, if you cancel a subscription or let it expire you will have to go back to the free 15GB storage tier.